Tummy Tuck for Butt-like Stomach?

I had two children by c-section. My obgyn decided to cut me from my bellybutton down to my pubic bone. I look as if I have a butt instead of a stomach.

Would I require a Tummy tuck or is there something simpler? It affects my self image tremedously. I'm very embarrassed because of it. My weight is about 130lbs. I'm 5'4" tall.

TT

+2

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty.  You have excess skin and lax abdominal musculature, both of which are corrected with this surgery.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Repair of "Butt-like " stomach

+2

From your photo it appears that you have very significant seperation of your rectus muscles ( diastis rectii) with accompanying laxity ofthe musculofascial elements of your abdomen.

In my experience this can be corrected by an abdominoplasty which includes the following elements:

1. Repair of the rectus /external oblique muscle support sling.

2. Excision of redundant striated skin.

3.Umbillicus reconstruction.

4. Liposuction

You can see a result of a similar case on my site as well as other responses toabdominal reconstruction.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Ummy tuck with vertical incision is best option for "but like"stomach

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said an abdominoplasty with a vertical incision would improve your tummy appearance.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Tummy Tuck To Improve Self Esteem

+1

A full on tummy tuck would be the best surgery to improve your self image.  Your midline abdominal scar is only one component of your post pregnancy abdomen.  The whole Mommy Makeover concept is not only to get rid of the negative, i.e. your butt-like looking abdomen, but to give you a positive, i.e. a flat abdomen with a nice looking belly button and a thin, well hidden abdominoplasty scar. 

You asked the question, is there something other than a tummy tuck that can get rid of the butt-like looking abdomen.  The answer is yes, surgically, one could use a "pickle fork".  This is an instrument which could be used to separate your midline abdominal scar from the deeper tissue.  It would get rid of the butt-like look quickly and simply, but it wouldn't give you the flat stomach, attractive belly button, etc. 

Regenerating your self esteem comes from not just removal of one problem, i.e. the dent that creates the butt-like look to your abdomen, but by truly giving you an attractive abdomen that you would be willing to take to the beach in a 2-piece bathing suit. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for Butt-like Stomach?

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Most or all of that vertical scar will be removed, as it appears that you have a fair amount of loose skin above the belly button. It also looks like you have a significantly protruding tummy, although we do not see a side photo.  This is due to muscle/fascia stretching from your pregnancy, and a muscle/fascia tightening as part of the tummy tuck will make a huge difference.  Although you will be trading your current contour for the scars of a tummy tuck, I think  the trade-off is well worth it and the appearance of your tummy can be GREATLY improved.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/abdominoplasty-surgery.html

Midline fold on the abodmen and a tummy tuck

+1

I think a tummy tuck would allow a large portion of the prior vertical scar to be removed, it would allow the splitting of the muscles to be repaired to decrease the amount of bulging and would tighten your skin. In performing that, the attachments that are holding the scar down to the tissue below would be released so it would not look like the depression you have now.

Help! My Abdomen looks like a Butt after my C-section...

+1

Hi there-

This is actually a very common situation after vertical incisions are used for c-section, and can absolutely and aesthetically be improved through abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) techniques. 

Here is some advice on finding the best situation for you:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#f550

Tummy Tuck for Post Pregnancy Abdomen

+1

You have an interesting but not incredibly rare problem-severe muscle atrophy. The bulge is the result of inability of the rectus muscles to hold back the abdominal contents. If a CT (cat) scan were done your abdomen would demonstrate very thin, frail muscles. Don't get me wrong, it's not due to lack of sit-ups but rather it's from being pregnant and the muscles resetting to a new resting state.

To fix this will require a tummy tuck with muscle fascia (the tissue that surrounds the muscle that we suture) repair. But in addition because the muscles are intrinsically so weak I would place a piece of permanent mesh over the wall. This will allow the muscles to eventually reset to a new and normal resting state.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for a "butt-like" tummy

+1

From your photo and height and weight, you look like an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. There is no other procedure that will do anything worthwhile to consider.

As long as you are done having kids and are in good physical and psychological health and have good support for the recovery period, a tummy tuck will fix what is wrong, eliminate the vertical scar and give you a nice tight flat abdomen!

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1

You are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty. The surgery will significantly improve the shape of your belly. The scar from your belly button down will also be removed during surgery. You will need an examination prior to surgery to make sure you are a healthy candidate. Once that is complete, you should strongly consider abdominoplasty. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com