Best Place and Doctor Outside US for Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift?

I am looking to get a Tummy Tuck and butt lift. Since they are very expensive in USA and Canada, does anyone know the best place and best doctor to get them done from outside USA, like in Mexico or Dominican Republic?

Doctor Outside US for Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift

+1

There are quality surgeons outside of the United States. However, you will need to be even more careful in your selection of the surgeon. Also, with a combination surgery, complications can increase. Therefore, you will need to ensure that you spend sufficient time to recover. The ASPS may be able to recommend surgeons in the area that you would like to go.

Beware of medical tourism

+1

Although there are excellent board certified plastic surgeons in countries other than the USA and Canada, you should be aware that the old adage in life, 'you get what you pay for," holds true in medicine and surgery.

I often see patients whose desires were similar to yours, mainly to save money, who ended up with less than satisfactory results, complications, etc. They become depressed, mad at themselves for considering price only as their main objective, and then find that it costs much more to try to correct the problems which have arisen. So there is time lost, more money expended, grief, aggravation, frustration, etc. and the surgeon who cared for the patient originally is not around the corner, is many miles away, and often unreachable.

If you do go overseas make sure that the surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery, that the surgical facility is appropriately accredited, that you speak with previous patients who were treated by the doctor there, and in essence that you do your due diligence. My advice: Look before you leap!

Jack A. Friedland, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best doctors ouside the U.S.

+1

The answer is nowhere.

We have the best medicine and the best standards.

Remember what if complications occur? Who do you call upon?

Strange bacterial infections are a problem. Also correction of problems can be more expensive than the original procedure, and may require multiple procedures.

Plastic Surgery Tourism - Never recommended

+1

Before I answer your question let me ask you a few. If you had a heart attack and needed treatment would you travel abroad? If you needed a hysterectomy for uterine cancer would you travel abroad? If your daughter had a hernia that needed repair would you send her to a third world country for treatment ? If your dad had diabetes would you send him to overseas to see an endocrinologist?

If you can't answer with an unequivocal yes to all of these questions why would you even consider going overseas for elective cosmetic plastic surgery. Al though there may be qualified doctors elsewhere in the world and there certainly are, is it worth saving the small amount to go abroad.

Practicing in south Florida we see many patients who go abroad to South and Central America for plastic surgery. The problem arises when you have a problem. Many doctors won't want to treat you and if they do treat you the cost may be much higher than surgery you would have had in the US. Here you are going to be under the constant care of your doctor and not have to travel to a foreign country for follow up if they treat you at all.

Before you jump into this surgery look at the many articles written about medical tourism and think twice.

Steven Schuster MD FACS

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon