Best Treatment for Under Eye Veins?

I have small veins under my eyes causing me to have dark circles. Had them for a long time I feel as though they are getting worse. Had my blood checked it was perfect. Had ionto treatment. They think it helped but I'm not so sure.

Is it worse because I am pale? Because I wear sunscreen everyday but i hope it isn't making it worse.

This isn't the best picture of the circles (wearing makeup and such) but I have no others since I always edit them out. Please help!

Undereye veins

+1

Larger undereye veins can be addressed with the Nd:YAG laser, while smaller vessels respond to the pulsed-dye laser and IPL.

Certain cosmeceutical products containing antioxidants such as green tea polyphenols and caffeine can significantly reduce the appearance of these blood vessels.

You do seem to have some shadowing effect which accentuates the appearance of undereye dark circles and would probably benefit from small volumes of carefully placed hyaluronic acid filler.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Veins under eyes

+1

For larger blue veins, a long pulsed 1064 nm laser - such as the GentleYAG with dynamic cooling - can be used to reduce or eliminate them. For smaller veins that are more red, a series of pulsed dye laser treatments - such as the Vbeam - is very helpful in reducing the number of vessels but is unlikely to remove all veins due to their small size and location. Be sure to go to a practitioner who is very experienced in treated under eye veins. The eyes must be protected with eye shields that are inserted into the eye to protect the eye. You can view before and after photographs of the 1064 GentleYAG on my page.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Best treatment for under eye veins?

+1

Small superficial blood vessels may be obliterated with Sciton's Broad Band Light treatment (BBL). The machine's 560 nm setting treats –cherry angiomas, telangiectasias, and rosacea. See http://www.sciton.com/products/bbl.html

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Dark circles under the eyes

+1

While you may have small skin veins, these are hard to eradicate,  You DO have tear troughs, hollow areas which can be filled in with Juvederm or Restylane.  This will eliminate the shadow artifact and make your eyes look less dark.  The filler will last over a year. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Under eye circles treatment

+1

Under eye circles can be caused by excessive thinning of the skin and hemosiderin deposition. Small veins under the eyes can be reduced by laser, injection, or surgical removal. Each of these treatments is indicated for specific combinations of skin complexion and size of veins.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS