Treatment Option for Persistent Adult Acne - Duac Alternative?

I'm 25 and never suffered acne before. 15 weeks ago, I started to break out with quite painful lumps under my skin just on my chin area. Eventually, I went to the doctor as it wasn't going away and she have given me Duac cream to try. I've been using this cream for just over 6 wks now and they are still not gone, seems to keep come up in the same places, I get rid of one for a couple of days and then, it comes back again! It's so annoying as it is dry as well. I would appreciate any feedback.

Acne recurrences

+1

Duac is a good place to start.It is a good medication and often works well. However, I usually tell my patients it takes 3 months to really see significant improvement. That being said, it can still recur and new acne lesions can pop up. I would suggest additional topical therapies as well as consideration towards oral medications if the lesions persist after several months of solo topical therapy.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon