Treatment for Discolored Lips from Smoking?

I have discolored my lips from years of smoking. Is there any way that I can even out my lip color or skin tone?

Chemical peel or permanent makeup

You can do a chemical peel on the lips and/or have micropigmentation (cosmetic tattoing or permanent makeup). Be sure to get a prescription for an anti-viral medication to prevent a breakout of cold sores on the lip which can occur with either of those treatments.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for discolored lips from smoking

Discolored lips from smoking are due to either staining of the skin or possible precancerous changes. Both of these causes can be improved with 1 or 2 medium concentration TCA chemical peels or laser treatments at a cost of roughly $350-500 per lip and can be done 1 month apart if more than one is needed. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon