Treatment for Discolored Lips from Smoking?

I have discolored my lips from years of smoking. Is there any way that I can even out my lip color or skin tone?

Chemical peel or permanent makeup

+1

You can do a chemical peel on the lips and/or have micropigmentation (cosmetic tattoing or permanent makeup). Be sure to get a prescription for an anti-viral medication to prevent a breakout of cold sores on the lip which can occur with either of those treatments.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for discolored lips from smoking

+1

Discolored lips from smoking are due to either staining of the skin or possible precancerous changes. Both of these causes can be improved with 1 or 2 medium concentration TCA chemical peels or laser treatments at a cost of roughly $350-500 per lip and can be done 1 month apart if more than one is needed. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon