Traditional Liposuction Vs. Body Jet Liposuction

I'm researching about traditional liposuction vs. Body Jet Liposuction. With regard to the volume of fat removed, how do the two compare?

Body Jet Liposuction can remove same amount of fat as traditional lipo

+1

There are no limitations as to how much fat can be removed with the Body Jet vs traditional lipo.  If doing the procedure strictly with local, there is a limit to the amount of lidocaine which can be given, but this is similar to traditional liposuction using local.  There are recommendations to limit removal to 2 liters at one setting under local and 6 liters under general anesthesia for all types of lipo.

Different liposuction options

+1

It seems that every few years a new liposuction development arises that makes the same claims: less pain, faster, less bleeding/bruising, quicker recovery, faster results, etc.

However few ever live up to their promises. More often than not, these offer one additional option.

Body jet

+1

Body jet is just another sleek marketing tool for liposuction with water enhancement. The water gets "shpritzed" in while the lipo is going on. I do not see the big deal. Go to an experienced lipo guy to get good results.

Forget the name and go to a good, experienced surgeon.

+1

There are many terms used with liposuction that are primarily marketing tools. The experience of the surgeon with any kind of liposuction will give you the best results.

I prefer Body Jet Liposuction

+1

Since I have been doing liposuction since 1982, I feel I can truly answer your question. I started doing Body Jet Lipo in Jan. 2009. Since than it is my preferred method of liposuction. I remove more fat with less bleeding, black & blue, faster healing, better results than using traditional liposuction. So if it was choice I would use the Body Jet. The best in Dallas is Dr Caruth.

Best of Luck!