Is 30% TCA Peel Safe for African American Skin?

I would like to use the 30% TCA peel for my stretch marks that appear lighter than my skin tone. I am a dark skinned African American. Will this be safe for me?

TCA Peel on African American skin is possible

+2

You can do a Superficial TCA peel on dark skin BUT it needs to be prepared very well.

I put my patients on OBAJI skin care and after 6 weeks do a superficial or light TCA peel, repeat in 6 weeks and do deeper peel.

Considerations for TCA peel on dark skin people with stretch marks

+1

There are 2 considerations for this situation. First is that depending on the darkness of the skin tone, 30% TCA may or may not cause complications including unevenness of pigmentations. Second, chemical peel is not going to help with stretch marks at all.

Isabel Zhu, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist