Tattoo Removal for Faded Green Tattoos?

I'm an African American with dark skin. I was tattooed with black ink , but since sun exposure, it has faded to dark green. I would like to know will the same laser that's used on blue and black ink, be used on my darkish green tattoo?

I have included a photo of a guy with similar skin and tattoo color of my own. Another question would be, how many treatments will it take?

Thanks a lot,
Jonah

Have several test spots first

+1

Quite possibly. You might get significant reduction in the color from laser but, there is a risk of both, permanent whitening in some areas and long term darkening in other areas, as a result of your skin’s pigment response to the laser energy. You should have some test spots done and monitored for about four to six weeks, or more, before treating a larger area. The upper outer arms are areas that are prone to raised scars (hypertrophic scars or keloids). Although this is rare with laser tattoo removal, you need to be aware of this possibility, especially if one of the areas that gets treated scabs and it gets infected or if you pick at it.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.