How Much Fat is Taken out from Mid-section to Put in the Buttocks?

Volume transferred to buttocks in a Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

The volume transferred in a Brazilian Butt Lift depends on the LOOK you are trying to create as a surgeon ("Round buns" vs. "Ghetto Booty"), the size of the woman, the volume and appearance of her current buttocks, the quality of the skin and the amount of fat available.

Although up to 30 to 50% of the fat transferred may not take and be absorbed, and we do transfer more than we need, we need to consider the consequences of more of a take than we need and a preposterously over-done look. The average volume of fat transferred PER buttock varies from 500 cc to well over 1,000cc.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

How much fat is required for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

The amount of fat grafted into your buttocks during your BBL will depend on your goals, the current shape and size of your buttocks, and the fat available for harvest in other areas.

Because some of the fatty tissue grafted will always be absorbed, it is advisable to over-graft at the time of surgery. It is my usual practice to harvest as much as possible and graft as much as possible in order to maximize our chances of achieving my patient's goals.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS