Worried by Sutures Coming Out, Lump, Indent After Brow Lift

Is it normal for a suture and post to come out 18 days post op? Lump above left eyebrow? Is it normal to have a large indent on the top of my head? Is it normal to have stinging on the right side of my Chin implant when I touch or move my mouth?

I am not looking to sue, I am frighten and looking for unbiased answers. Thank you.

It's early so relax if you can

+1

It sounds like your surgeon did the brow lift and put in external screws for fixation. I was trained on doing brow lifts this way and it is normal to remove the screws around the 2.5-3 week mark. The tissues are well stuck down by this time. The indentation is due to the adherence of the tissues at the anchor point. Relax this will all subside. Any depression or elevation of the scalp will resolve over time because of the tension on the scalp.

The lump at the lateral brow may be suture, small hematoma or just were the dissection was carried out. Gentle massage will settle it down. No cosmetic surgery is without recovery time. Six weeks is normal. I'm sure it will all turn out will.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift and Chin Implant Recovery

+1

1socalgirl:

At eighteen days postop you should be over most of the acute surgical discomfort. Now come the various symptoms in the next phase of recovery. Typically these can include swelling, tingling, numbness, temporary irregularity, etc. These sound like some of the things you are experiencing. Keep in tough with your surgeon and the nurses should be of help along the way.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

18 days is too soon to judge your results after brow lift and chin implant.

+1

Indentations, lumps, and extruded sutures are all issues you need to bring up with your surgeon. If things aren't moving in the right direction over the next 2 to 4 weeks, get a second opinion from a board-certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in these procedures.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

It doesn't sound like you should be afraid

+1

All of the things that you mentioned my not be normal but none of it sounds like you are in any danger. The chin implant pain is probably a nerve that is irritated by the surgery that will improve with time. The lumps and indent will probably get better with healing and should be seen by your surgeon.

Have your surgeon look at these items and hear what his or her answer is. I suspect most of these items will go away with more time and healing. If there is anything that does not heal correctly then it may require a revision or touch-up. Keep close with your surgeon and this will help you get the results that you are looking for.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon