Safer Option for Sunken Under Eyes Other Than Sculptra?

I'm concerned about Sculptra bumps/lumps under my eyes. I'm scheduled to have Sculptra done on the 3rd. I'm concerned about the horror stories, lumps/bumps under the eyes. Is there any other treatments that are safer to treat sunken areas under the eyes?

Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm is best for under the eyes.

+1

An hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm is the ideal filler for this area. It is important for the physician to be very well trained in injection technique for this procedure.

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid filler only for tear trough lower eyelid areas

+1
The risk of Sculptra nodule is significant for lower eyelid tear trough injection. One is better using a hyaluronic acid filler (Restylane, Juvederm, or Perlane) as the material can be reversed almost completely by hyaluronidase.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Fillers_for_Wrinkles.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Aesthetic is NOT to be used in the eyelids

+1

Sculptra Aesthetic is our preferred material for creating fullness in the cheeks, chin, and along the jawline.

It should not be used in either the lower or upper lids.

I doubt that your physician is planning to use it in your lids.

Properly injected material does not move into the lids from elsewhere.

The horror stories you have read were typically due to product being injected into the lids

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra is not for the under eyes hollows

+1

For treatment of the tear troughs or the lower lid hollows, it is better to use Juvederm or Restylane.  Sculptra is not the best choice for this area.   

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Sculptra Injector More Important Than Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is not indicated in the eyelids. However I have done it with great success. Here is the key;

Dilute to 10cc and put only 1cc in that area under the orbicularis oculi muscle and do not hit the periosteum or bone.

If your physician does not have enough experience with Sculptra in that area then don't do it.

Juvederm / Restylane are safer options because hyaluronidase can remove any extra filler if it does not look good.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra should not be used under eyes.

+1

Hi!

The package insert specifically states that Sculptra should not be used under the eyes.  Restylane is safe with good technique if injected in very small quantities deeply under the muscle.

In New York, we often use fat injections to correct the tear trough hollow