Suggestions for Plastic Surgery Makeover?

I am considering a plastic surgery make over. What can I do with this face? I am considering Plastic surgery very seriously. I will travel to a good doctor. Please let me know what I should get done. I am 48. Thank you.

Looking your best.

+3

Hi!

1) You have a very nice face and I don't think you need a "makeover".

2) It's hard to tell from just one snapshot, but maybe your upper cheeks are becoming a little flat. The young face has the shape of an "oggee", an architectural element that is convex on top and concave near the mouth. This shape can be restored with Juvederm injections in the upper cheeks.

3) If you are contemplating surgery, this same oggee can be achieved more permanently with fat injections and with a scarless mid facelift done through the mouth. The mid facelift raises the corners of the mouth, provides upper cheek fullness, and improves the lower eyelids.

4) The only other thing I see are mild naso labial folds and lines at the corners of your mouth ("marionette lines"), which can be easily corrected with fillers.

5) Remember, in cosmetic surgery, less is often more. The most important thing is to look completely natural.

Facial suggestions

+3

As Dr. Aldea wisely said, when we meet patients it is critical to first find out what bothers THEM not just dictate a formula from what we are seeing. That being said, there is nothing dramatically surgical in the photo you post but maybe some more views wil reveal a loose neck, a bump on the nose etc. Otherwise, Botox, fillers and a cosmetic makeover would be the best. If you remember the Extreme Makeover show, much of the results you saw were from the hair and make-up makeovers done on the participants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

What can you do with this face?

+3

I think the better questions is what exactly bothers you about your face?

The vast majority of men and women are full of featural and deeper imperfections - Present company excluded, of course. Some of these outside features may be readily reversed or enhanced (Botox, fillers etc) while others call for more involved surgical procedures.

At the risk of being overly judgmental, you could benefit from
- Botox to the base of the Nose, between the brows (Glabella) to soften the area, raise the inner brows and soften you "11" lines
- Botox to the Crows' feet areas to smooth them
- Possibly some Botox higher on the forehead to smooth some of the transverse lines (care not to go too low which would drop the brows)
- Restylane to the Tear Trough Line to smooth the curve along the base of the lower lid
- Restylane or Juvederm to the 11 lines to smooth them
- Either Perlane/ Juvederm Ultra Plus or Radiesse to the Nasolabial (nose to mouth) lines

If you told us what else bothers you and added a side view, I would be glad to answer you further.

Peter A Aldea, MD

A common question: What should I fix when I get plastic surgery?

+1

More often than not, TV dramas exaggerate real life situattions. However, one realistic portrayal of the plastic surgery patient encounter is Christian Troy, on the popular TV show Nip Tuck, who asks when he meets a patient: "So tell me what you don't like about yourself?"

Its generally not up to the plastic surgeon to dictate what should be done using the patient as a blank slate. The plastic surgeon listens to what the patient desires treated and then discusses options and subsequently directs the treatment.

Take a look in the mirror and make a list of those features you want to be changed or altered and then discuss what is possible with a surgeon.

Cosmetic surgery choices

+1

What you end up doing for your face is dependent on what will make you more happy/content/confident/etc. It requires a careful analysis and sensitive discussion with a plastic surgeon. Procedures should be driven by patient desires, not by what surgeons can do. Sometimes it takes a whle and many visits to a surgeon to fully understand how you view yourself. Patients often know what bothers them and what they don't like but they often do not know specifically what will make them happy. Take your time unti you understand what you want. It then becomes the surgeon's job to determine how to get as close as possible to your goals and what the options and risks are.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Plastic Surgery Makeover

+1

From one photo, it would be very difficult to tell you what would help improve your appearance. A very thorough consultation is performed in my office going over your medical history, and your concerns about your appearance. After this discussion, a plan is worked out for you.