What is the Best Method to Getting Rid of Stretch Marks?

Removal of stretch marks

+1

As has been answered countless times on RealSelf, there is no treatment for stretch marks other than excision - trading them for a scar like in a tummy tuck.  No lasers, creams or potions will get rid of them. 

Stretch marks (striae distensae) and their treatment

+1

IT really depends on the nature of the stretch marks. Raised, red, or dark (active) striae distensae may respond to a combination of Retin-A, lasers, or IPL treatment.

There are may other products that claim to improve these but usually this is hype. One example of a product that was supposed to help but was cross-marketed for wrinkles was Strivectin. Most of the patients I know who tried this saw little benfit.

However, the vast majority of striae will show little if any improvement. Sadly, the usual best option, especially when they occur on the belly is to have a tummy tuck. I am including an example below.

In other situations, I have seen creative use of tattoos to camouflage the marks but if you have extensive striae, this may not be practical.