Will Exercising Help Tighten Skin Before Smart Lipo/Vaser Lipo

If I continue to work out alot at least six weeks before Smart Lipo MPX/Vaser liposuction combo and do lots of ab exercises, will that help my chances of skin tightening and adjusting to the laser lipo surgery?

Exercise not helpful before Smartlipo and or VASER

+2

Excercise is very helpful to your final appearence. If the procedure make your fat load thin enough, you can then see muscle detail. Excercise alone will not tighten skin. The Samrtlipo is your best bet for tightening.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Exercise helps Muscle tone, not skin tone

+1

You can exercise your muscles which will give you better tone and a flatter abdomen, but you cannot exercise skin. In other words no increased skin elasticity from exercise.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Exercise and skin tightening

+1

Iw ould never tell a patient not to exercise. Exercising is always good for you, but it will not tighten skin.  Don't expect miracles from the smart lipo or vaser to significantly tighten your skin. They are both ok to "suck" fat, but I am not overly impressed with the skin tightening.

Tightening the skin exercise and smart lipo

+1

Exercise will not tighten the skin. Even smart lipo will not guarantee skin tightening. Cutting out skin will always make the remaining skin tighter.

It's still a good idea to exercise!

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Exercising does not tighten skin

+1

Exercising is a great idea to improve your overall health and maximize the outcome of your liposuction procedure. However, exercise itself does not help ot contract skin.

Exercise and skin tightening

+1

If as you exercise, you lose body fat and if your skin elasticity is good, the skin will tighten.  If the skin elasticity isn't great, it won't shrink after fat loss whether it is from natural means or from laser liposuction.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS