How Can Smart Lipo Tighten Skin?

I am considering Liposuction after having twins. I have a large fold with some stretch marks on my lower abs. My lower abs have always been a big problem for me. I am trying to determine the best lipo option.

I have decided that a tummy tuck is not an option due to the increased risks. I am 157lbs and 5'4".

Smartlipo is an excellent option

+1

Hi Amee,
It sounds like you’ve already answered some important questions in the decision-making process:
Do you want to look good in a two-piece bathing suit (tummy tuck), or do you want to have a smaller tummy and fit better in smaller clothes (smartlipo)? Are you ok with an extended recovery period, more pain and risk (tummy tuck), or do you want a procedure that does not interfere with your busy life and has significantly less overall risk (smartlipo)?
When sculpting the abdomen, the addition of the Smartlipo laser to tumescent liposuction has been shown to improve the final result. However it is important to understand that the Smartlipo laser does not erase stretch marks, and you may still have a small fold of skin after the procedure. Ultimately, you should consult with dermatologic and plastic surgeons in your area for an individualized assessment of your general health, contour, and skin quality.

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

You need to have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon consultation

+1

The best way to find the correct information is personal cosultation and examination of the skin tone, muscle tone and amount of the excess skin. I do offer both laser lipo and tummy tuck ,and not every body isgood candidate for laser lipo . Tummy tuck is more involved procedure and also more effective. You need to find all the inforamtion about these procedure and also find out which one will work better for you.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo and liposuction may be just fine, but it's up to the dermatologist or surgeon

+1

First of all, you are right that there are a great deal of risks with a 'tummy tuck'. It is a cute name, but with not such a cute scar or nice recovery. On the other hand, tumescent liposuction, when performed with SmartLipo, is a great way to get rid of these problems.

If you have quite a bit of laxity, you may need a mini tummy tuck, but in my office that is done after the liposuction (about 3 months or so after it) and may not even be necessary.

Most plastic surgeons will do the tummy tuck first, not even giving liposuction a chance, while dermatologists usually take a different approach. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

+1

Without seeing or examining you I cannot be specific but it sounds like you would be a much better candidate for a tummy tuck than just liposuctioning. Liposuctioning, regardless of the type used is very unreliable for what it does to the skin. Sometimes it is not worth the time and money doing a procedure that will not give you enough improvements. You should reassess your decision to really determine if you will be happy with the liposuction results.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon