What to Do About Skin Discoloration After Smart Lipo?

I had smart lipo done 8 weeks ago to the saddle bags - outer thighs - and I still have discolored skin. The skin is darker (I am caucasian) in the area where the smart lipo and suctioning was done.

Can I do something to make it go away faster? Or could that be a permanent damage? Is that a common side effect and how long does it take to have normal looking skin again? Thanks for your help. 

Discoloraiton can occur after bleeding

+1

Hello

Sometimes bruising can be significant after liposuction and this can lead to a slow reabsorption of the blood. That can leave a residue that discolors the skin. In most cases it resolves by 2 months, so you are there now. I do not know of any way to speed it up, but hang in there for a little bit longer and I hope it disappears.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon