Sitting Down After Brazilian Butt Lift?

How long before you can actually sit on your new Brazilian butt and not worry about pain or losing fat? What should I buy to sit on? And should I worry about losing fat? Thanks

Limit: 1 Hour Intervals, For 2 Weeks

It’s important to realize that fat cells are very fragile in the immediate post-operative period.This situation doesn’t improve until these fat cells have re-established blood supply with the surrounding tissue.In most cases, this takes about two weeks to occur.At this point, fat cells become less sensitive to the effects of pressure and are less likely to be damaged by sitting or lying on the buttocks.
For these reasons, we limit sitting or lying on the buttocks to one hour intervals for the first two weeks following surgery.We also recommend the use of an inflatable pillow.This routine places obvious limitations on physical activity for post-operative patients.Unfortunately failure to comply with these recommendations can result in fat cell death from pressure.This can result in flattening and contour irregularity of the buttocks.
If you’re concerned about how sitting effects the results of Brazilian butt lift surgery, consultation with your surgeon is appropriate.Your surgeon should be able to clarify this issue.

Sitting Down After Brazilian Butt Lift?

after 1-2 weeks. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

How long before I can sit after Brazilian Butt lift?

Every surgeon has a different post-op regimen to protect the fat that has been transferred.  During my consultations, I show patients how they should sit after surgery (with a pillow).  I remove all restrictions at 6 weeks.

Dennis Dass, MD

Don't sit directly on your buttocks after Brazilian Butt Lift!

Hello Michelle,

Not sitting directly on your buttocks after a brazilian butt lift is very important. I recommend that my patients do not sit directly on their buttocks for about 3-4 weeks after the procedure not only to reduce their discomfort but more importantly not to reduce the amount of fat loss. Direct pressure to the fat in the early healing period can be harmful to the survival of the transferred fat. I allow my patients to rest on their side and they may sit for very brief periods of time for bathroom use. When you consult with your surgeon make sure that you discuss his or her instructions for sitting after a brazilian butt lift and follow them carefully.

I hope this is helpful.