Silikon 1000 Possible for the Hips?

What are the possibilities that I can get Silikon 1000 injections in my hips by a certified physician?

Silikon 1000 for the hips

+3

First, really think we need to discuss what "certified" means.

To be allowed to practice Medicine a medical school graduate ONLY needs a Medical State License. That license allows a doctor to PRACTICE ANY branch of Medicine he/she feels like or wants to practice Brain Surgery (Neurosurgery), Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgery), Family practice, Pediatrics etc. The only thing that actually stops many from doing so are the hospitals which by using CREDENTIALING committees give specific privileges in their hospitals only to those who can demonstrate specific training and board certification in those areas.

Since people can LITERALLY practice "plastic Surgery" on you in their offices (and do not need to go the hospitals for many of our procedures), MANY dejected, disillusioned and half-trained physicians now perform "Plastic Surgery" in their offices without a certification from THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY, a American Board of Medical Specialties board (check www.ambs.org).

Second, Silicone is a HORRIBLE filler with a long history of scarring and disfiguration going back to before WWII. Although it may look acceptable initially, it always causes terrible scarring and hardening of the tissue and cannot be easily removed. These days it is illegal to inject it in this fashion.

Furthermore, no self respecting member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the premier organization of American board-certified plastic surgeons (www.plasticsurgery.org) would inject this substance these days. We all KNOW the consequences and will not do it.

Third, as to your question, What are the possibilities that I can get Silikon 1000 injections in my hips by a certified physician? I would say in these rough economic times, pretty good. Just because something is illegal does not stop people from doing it.

You can always find a "doctor" with a shady "certificate", with a few state medical board disciplinary actions against him, who would accommodate you. You will be hurt or worse.

I would strongly advise you NOT to do it.

Avoid silikon injections

+2

There have been numerous patients I have seen over the years who have had devastating complications from permanent fillers injected years previously.  All I can advise is to NOT DO IT!! 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Do Not Recommend Silicone In Hips Unless for Specific Scar or Defect

+1

The use of liquid injectable silicone (Silikon 1000), Adato-Sil 5000) is a significant part of my practice. My mentor and father, also a dermatologic surgeon, is the world's leading authority on it.  We use it for a lot of things including aging lines, acne scarring, surgical  or traumatic scars, lip augmentation and the non-surgical rhinoplasty, but we never use it for hip augmentation or enhancement. 

The only reason I could see injecting silicone into the hip area is if there is an already existing scar or defect (secondary to trauma, surgery or something else) that can be corrected by silicone.  In the right hands, those of a board-certified dermatologist, ENT, or plastic surgeon, and with the proper injection technique, silicone is an ideal filler.  However, when injected improperly and into inappropriate areas, there can have serious complications. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Silikon Injection to the hips & buttocks: Don't do it

+1

I would highly recommend that you avoid the use of this product to the areas described. While it has been useful in small facial corrections, I suspect that you will be at significantly higher risk of complications for hip injection. Plus the cost would be exorbitant.