Silicone Lip Injections Get Larger over the Years?

I'm looking to get silicone injections into my lips, however I'm really scared that it will end up looking like the actress Lisa Rinna's lips. Can anyone tell me if her lips became like that over the years or is it from too much silicone being injected? Thanks.

Removing silicone from the lips - Los Angeles

+1

I have a very large series of patients who have successfully undergone silicone lip removal with success. I would not encourage filling the lips with silicone. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for natural-looking, smooth lip augmentation.

+1

I read your concern: In my experience, the appearance of your lips will not change after a well-performed lip augmentation procedure with Liquid Injectable Silicone. Lips may become deformed if too much silicone is injected or if too many procedures are performed.

In my experience, nodules or bumps may occur in around 1% of procedures. They tend to be isolated, and may be treated with dilute triamcilolone acetonide injections. Lip nodules may occur with increased frequency if you have a history of cold-sores or herpes infections of your lips.

Your results with silicone injections are permanent, so the experience and technique of your physician is critical for achieving smooth, natural-looking results.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for RealSelf regarding silicone lip injections.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1

Highly discourage the use of silicone injections into the lip.  I have seen some bad issues and problems from these injections.

Using things like restylane, juvederm you are better off and will not have the risk of having long term complications.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Sillicone lip injections

+1

Silicone is a permanent product and still not approved for use by the ASAPS or ASPS. There can be alot of problems with silcone including the inability to remove it with any ease, infection, granuloma formation, to name a few.  I do not know what Lisa Riina had done to her lips.

Silicone lip injections do tend to get lumpy and bigger over the years

+1

Lip augmentations make the lips look so nice but can be disasterous if the wrong material is put in them. Many problems have come from patients getting an unknown material from south of the border injected into their lips or getting impure silicone injections.

Silicone injections can look good for 2-3 years then start getting lumpy, bumpy as the silicone granulomas progressively develop. Multiple injections of cortisone or excisions help to reduce the bumps. Temporary fillers such as Juvederm/Restylane do nice and last about 4-6 months in the lips @ $550/ syringe. There are a few nice permanent lip implants that do great and look natural without the risks of getting bumpy later and run about $1500-2000 per lip and are put in under local anesthesia in 30 min.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon