Side Effects of Removing Large Lumps in Cheeks?

What are the side effects of surgically removing 2 large lumps from cheeks? The lumps are on both cheeks (right under the jaw line and on both sides of the nose), how will a scar on the cheek look like and what should I expect? Thank you.

Treatment of cheek lumps

+1

Hi,

As others have mentioned, the exact treatment and appearance of your scars depends on what these lumps are. They could be descended fatty tissue, salivary glands, benign or cancerous masses, or something else entirely. You should be evaluated by a doctor who can help make the diagnosis prior to planning any type of treatment.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Lumpy cheeks

+1

Dan,

Lumps in cheeks can mean many things.  We would need much more information and perhaps some photos to give you a reasonable answer.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

More important.

+1

I would advise that you seek an evaluation to determine what the lumps are.  They may be benign or something more worrisome.  Appearance in this instance is secondary to the diagnosis.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Resutls of facial mass removal

+1

This sounds quite unusual and I suspect that there is more to the story. They sound symmetrical and in strange locations. Ultimately the result of excision depends on the size of the lesion and involvment of adjacent structures.

Lumps in cheeks

+1

It is difficult to know what to offer you without knowing exactly what has caused these lumps?  Are they from scar tissue from trauma?  Are they lumps like soft tissue ( jowling?)

Side effects of removing large lumps in cheeks?

+1

Regarding : What would be the consequences of "...surgically removing 2 large lumps from cheeks?" - It is impossible to answer this rather generic question without, in the least, 2 good quality photographs (front , oblique or side views). Please, upload such photographs and you will get a lot more answers.