Mixto Laser for Sensitive Facial Skin?

I have sensitive facial skin with red tone. I have tired looking eyes; not big bags, just some slight wrinkling and sagging and tired look. Some suggested surgery, some injectables and the last doctor said Mixto laser. I'm afraid of all these, but won't the laser make me redder? Will it give me the youthful look under my eyes again? I'm 38 years old.

Mixto for sensitive skin

+2

When you say you have "sensitive skin", can you tell me if you have been evaluated by a Dermatologist? Sensitive skin can mean anything from being prone to allergic skin reactions, rosacea, eczema, seborrehic dermatitis, etc. It is important to figure out why your skin is red first.

I think Mixto has been wonderful for the treatment of "sad eyes" when they are due to fine wrinkles around the eye area. Mixto is also a great treatment for overall wrinkles and fine lines as well as brown spots (sun freckles). In my experience, it does not make redness from any of the conditions above go away.

There are other lasers that can be used to effectively treat rosacea, and there are topical medications that can be used to effectively treat other skin "red" conditions.

Oakland Dermatologist

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for sensitive skin

+1

Protocol for Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing as far as the depth of penetration and energy released is typically not dependent on 'oily-prone' vs. 'sensitive'. However, post-care skin care routine may differ. For example, less greasy emollient is warranted for acne prone skin whereas sensitive dry skin may benefit from thicker hypoallergenic petrolatum-based emollient.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon