Can Sculptra Be Injected Above the Top Lip?

Can I have Sculptra injected above my top lip? If not, why?  I want to make the fine lines go away.

Sculptra

+1

I would not recommend using Sculptra for the upper lip.  There are other products, like Juvederm and Restylane that can be used for that area.  

Sculptra for Lip Lines

+1

No, Sculptra is used for nasolabial folds (these are the parenthesis around your mouth), marionette lines and lines are your chin. Sculptra works deep in your dermis and acts as a foundation for lost collagen. Other products such as Restylane and Juvederm are used for the lips.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculptra for lip lines

+1

Anneliese

I do not inject Sculptra above the vermilion (red part of lip) to treat lip lines. Any area where there is a lot of expression such as the lips can result in the formation of papules.

There are other preferred methods to treating lip lines which can be employed together or individually depending on the severity and cause of your lines.

• Botox
  • Juvederm or Restylane fillers
  • Fraxel laser resurfacing

Good luck!

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for fine upper lip lines?

+1

Sculptra is really not appropriate for the upper lip. Try Botox or Restylane for upper lip fine lines, you will be happy. Alternately I would recommend fractional CO2 (such as Fraxel...) or if the lines are deeper traditional CO2 resurfacing. The recovery from fractional CO2 is relatively quick and easy.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra Aesthetic is specifically not to be used in either the lips or lids

+1

I am a trainer for Sculptra and Sculptra Aesthetic. Most of the problems with visible nodules and papules have come when Scuptra was used in the lips or lids.

Because it is a deeper filler and more for bulk enhancement that wrinkle removal it is not a good choice for lines about the lips.

We have always found that lines do best with lasers or chemical peels. Currently we use the Mixto because it is usually effective in one treatment. (We have retired our Fraxel.)

Dr. Mayl

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Can Sculptra be injected to smooth fine upper lip lines?

+1

Anneliese,

Upper lip lines can be very nicely reduced with a few units of Botox and if needed either Restylane or Juvederm. Alternatively, you can have them resurfaced, but personally, I never liked the swelling, pinkness etc that followed resurfacing of this area.

As regards Sculptra, it is meant to fill in large areas such as the cheeks. Although suppose it could be used in the upper lip, it may be associated with pouty over sexualized or worse, duck lips, so I would not use it there.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD