Treatment to Remove a Newly-formed Pit from Laser Hair Removal?

I have had laser hair removal with ND Yag (dark skin tone). During the last session, the technician pulsed thrice in one spot, without a break. I had an open blister, oozing clear fluid. The next day, a scab appeared. While washing my face, the scab fell off. The same thing happened the next day. And then a pit began to appear. Now, the pit is evident and the crater also appears white. What is the treatment for such a fresh pit? Should I scrub the skin (dermabrasion) or not? Would doing more laser deepen the pit or reduce it?

Pit after laser hair removal

+1

Dear Erio,

You have the start of a scar in the area. DO NOT use dermabrasion to the area or scrub the skin. First, I would report this to the facility where you had your laser treatment done. I would then ask to speak to the medical director of the facility to have an expert opinion on your skin. If he/she is not available, go to a board certified dermatologist. He/she may be able to help you with some topicals to help the skin in the area re-pigment. This will take some time, so the key thing is to be patient. The less you do at this point, the better. Let it heal and then just wait.

Usually the area re-pigments on its own and the pit will start to fill in, but this will take a few months. Again, I would recommend going to a dermatologist in your area to take a look at the spot and give you some reassurance.

Dr. Mariwalla