Sagging Skin and Orange Peel Answer for 71 Years Old

I am 71 years old, but I do not have heavy wrinkles or lines, but my skin sags and looks like an orange peel. I don't need to look 50 or 60, I just don't want to look like this. can Fraxel repair be used on a very healthy, active person my age.

Fraxel repair and The Healthy, Active 70 Year Old

+2

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing a photo or examining you. Fraxel repair will help with moderate lines and wrinkles and decrease skin laxity, but is not intended to lift saggy skin. You may be a candidate for surgical lifting.

If you are not considering surgery, then perhaps fillers (Radiesse, Sculptra) in combination with two Fraxel repair aggressive treatments will give you the rejuvenation that you are looking for. Fraxel repair is very safe and effective on healthy, active 70 year olds.

Choose your treating physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Sagging skin treatment

+2

It sounds from your question that there are 2 things going on here. You have both "quality" of skin issues and "quantity" of skin issues. The treatments are different for each.

If you have sagging skin, you will get only very minimal lift with the available lasers. Fraxel, like all lasers burn the skin. It's a controlled burn, but a burn nevertheless. The word Laser, is an acronym for "light activated something and the "R" is for radiation.

Sagging skin is best lifted, with the tried and proven surgical techniques which would need to be discussed with your Doctor to determine the best approach.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Lifting saggin skin

+1

You might need a lift. You could try to get some tightening with Thermage Radiofrequency, combined with volumizing fat atrophy areas such as the mid cheek, Botox along the jawline (an off-label use) and Fraxel Re:pair but the latter may not give you much contraction or lifting and there is a small risk of scarring from the procedure. Deep chemical peels used to provide good results but it is hardly done anymore because of the white skin that develops and the risk of scarring.

Ronald Shelton, MD