How to Safely Apply Latisse with Contact Lenses On?

I would like to try Latisse but I understand that it's applied to the lash to the lashline and without my contact lenses in I'm nearly blind. I wouldn't be able to see the lashline. Can I apply Latisse after I put my lenses in and not affect the lenses?

Latisse can be applied safely with contacts on

+3

The Latisse goes onto the skin above the eyelashes. As long as the individual sees what she is doing, I see no reason why contact lenses should be removed or that the procedure should be altered.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Applying Latisse safely with contact lenses on

+2

Unlike LUMIGAN, its more concentrated predecessor which was supposed to be applied to the eye for the treatment of glaucoma, Latisse must ONLY be applied to the junction of the upper lid with its lashes just before bed time. It must not be applied to the eye itself.

Good Luck.

Latisse and Contact Lenses

+2

Latisse is meant to be applied at night after lenses are removed. It also is not supposed to go into the eye. If you truly cannot see then you could apply Latisse 1st and then remove the lenses. Be careful not to get any into the eyes and if you do remove and rinse the lenses immedialtely.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon