Widen and Restore Nose Closer to Its Appearance Before Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty, which I am really not happy about. I have nice male nose, and the only problem was that it was little longer a has little hump under tip. So we decided to shorten it by 3 mm and remove the hump. Now, I have an upturned, short nose and worst thing is that it is so narrow. The bridge is also so low and it does not fit my face. Do you think is it possible to have the same nose like before surgery except length and hump? Can surgeon widen my nose and make it stronger? Thanks.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose can be widened and lengthened. However, this surgery will be more difficult than your initial surgery. You will almost certainly need to have material harvested from the septum (if it was not used in the first surgery) or ear to build the structure of the nose back up. I would recommend seeing a surgeon who has significant experience with both primary and secondary rhinoplasty surgery. If you can obtain copies of your preoperative photos and operative report from your first surgery, take those to your consultation for reference. Good luck, /nsn.

Revisionary rhinoplasty

+1

You're best chance at a great nose is the first one. Revisionary or secondary rhinoplasty is more difficult especially if you have to build the nose back up rather than take more out. You should make sure to go to an expert in revision surgery and make this your last nasal surgery. It doesn't get better the more times you operate on it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Widening the nose with cartilage grafts from septum, ear catilage or rib cartilage

+1

Augmentation nasal reconstruction is performed by using cartilage grafts to restore the structure of the nose.  This procedure not only restores a natural look to the nose, but also improves the nasal airway.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

The problems you describe are not easy ones to revise, but they can often be improved to a great degree. Major revisions usually require surgery with grafts of cartilage to augment the over-resected parts of the nose. But in addition to surgery, injectable fillers such as Radiesse and Artefill can often be used to fill in smaller areas along the bridge of the nose.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring pre-rhinoplasty nose

+1

The nose bridge can be made wider and taller. By using cartilage grafts the nasal bridge can be built back up to make the nose taller. The nasal bones can also be widened by reverse osteotomies in an attempt to try to restore the nose to approximately what it was prior to the original surgery. This will be a rather difficult procedure to perform, look for a surgeon who has done many revision rhinoplasty surgeries.

Revision Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

I agree with much of the above posts. Any revision surgery is harder than a primary. You must go to someone who performs many rhinoplasty surgeries each year. Ask them about their experience. Ask to see before and after pictures, Even more specifically you want them to show you pictures of noses they have done -- LIKE YOURS.

If they can't do that chances are they will not have the experience to take care of your problem.

Another caveat. There is no small solution to your problem. In my hands they only reliable way to lengthen the nose, reverse an upturned tip and widen the bridge is with rib grafting, Although this may be daunting it is your best chance to restore your nose.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon