Will Weight Loss or Pregnancy Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

I am going to have a Rhinoplasty with an ENT surgeon next week, and thinking of losing weight after the operation. Will that affect my healing and the appearance of my nose? What about if I get pregnant (especially at the last 3 months), will the bloating affect my results as well?

Pregnancy, weight loss and rhinoplasty

+2

Dear rhinoplasty patient from England,
Pregnancy or fluctuation in weight will not affect rhinoplasty’s result. Nasal structure is mainly made of bone, cartilage and skin. Enjoy your new nose. Good luck and good healing

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com/face-procudures/rhinoplasty.html

Changes in weight will not affect rhinoplasty results

+1

Weight gain or loss will not affect the rhinoplasty result. Nor will pregnancy affect the rhinoplasty result. It is important not to be pregnant while taking pain medication and undergoing an anesthetic for cosmetic procedures.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Pregnancy and weight loss after cosmetic surgery

+1

You shouldn't notice much of a difference as the amount of fat in the nose is minimal. The swelling that occurs after a rhinoplasty can last up to a year, so you won't see your final result for at least one year. A large amount of weight loss will also not affect your rhinoplasty result much either. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Pregnancy, weight loss, and the nose.

+1

Pregnancy should have no effect on the results of rhinoplasty.

My only caution about weight-loss would be to avoid major dieting immediately after any surgery. The body needs nutrients to heal well and to heal quickly. A well-balanced diet can provide the proteins, vitamins, etc. that are critical to wound healing.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results should be fine with pregnancy

+1

Some women complain of nasal stuffiness during pregnancy, but aside from that and a little acne, your nose should be the same, before or after. Best of luck!

Does weight loss/gain or pregnancy effect rhinoplasty (nose job) results.

+1

Weight loss or gain should have little if any effect on you rhinoplasty procedure. Many patients do report nasal congenstion with pregnancy and this may be more noticeable following a reduction rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/rhinoplasty.html

Weight loss and rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, weight loss or pregnancy should not have an impact on your rhinoplasty results. There is very little fat in the nose.  Good luck and enjoy your results!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and prgnancy and weight loss

+1

Weight loss or pregnancy should not have any impact on your rhinoplasty results.  Enjoy the nose and good luck with the future pregnancy and weight loss.

Weight Loss or Pregancy should not affect the results of rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Weight Loss or Pregancy should not affect the results of rhinoplasty surgery. The only factors that could influence the outcome is if you have very oily skin you might have an increase in acne activity on the outside of the nose since rhinoplasty surgery can temporarily affect oil gland activity, that is, produce more acne eruptions. However, this should have no long term effects on the outcome of your nose surgery so it is safe to proceed.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Will Weight Loss or Pregnancy Affect the Results?

+1

Hi,

Your flutuating weight will not affect your rhinoplasty results.  Enjoy your new nose, your svelte body, and your new family.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P