Advice on How to Fix Very Unique Cosmetic Nose Issue?

On the left side of my nose, it seems like I have a bubble under my skin. It's not painful, nor is it red. It is the same color but causes a great deal of lack of symmetry. It seems like it might be worse at times than others, which leads me to believe it's possibly a skin issue rather than an actual cartilage issue. Have you ever run into this problem? Can Rhinoplasty fix this?

Rhinoplasty does not address skin issues

+1

It sounds as though it is more of a skin issue and not a rhinoplasty issue. One should seek a dermatologist for any type of skin issue on the nose. Rhinoplasty surgery involves re-sculpting bone and cartilage and is not skin surgery. The skin is just lifted off the bone and cartilage to permit sculpting and reshaping of the nasal bridge and/or tip, after which the skin is placed back down. It is best to see a dermatologist for diagnosis of the skin problem.

Nasal bump

+1

Gary,

It looks like you have a sebaceous cyst on your nose.  If so, it is indeed a skin issue and not cartilage.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for removal.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Bump on side of the nose

+1

Sebaceous cyst, Inclusion cyst - most probable diagnoses. But it is truly impossible to see much of any detail on this picture. A greater photographic effort on your part MAY have made our job both easier and more accurate. I would suggest you best recourse is in consulting a good board-certified Dermatologist.

Good Luck.

Nasal bump

+1

Hi Meadow,

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it looks as though you may have a small cyst along the left side of your nose. If that's the case, it is a relatively easy thing to remove - usually it can be done under local anesthesia in the office.

Your best bet is to see a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to diagnose and treat this problem. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Nasal bump

+1

The nasal bump is hard to see very well in the photo. If it is something just under the skin, you may need a small excision of  cyst.   

Treating nasal bump

+1

It looks like you have a small bump on the left just above the tip. How long have you had it? Is it getting bigger? It can be just the shape of your cartilage, or it can be a cyst or possibly another lesion. You need to have a consult with a Facial Plastic Surgeon or a general Plastic surgeon, and they should be able to examine you in details and provide a better answer, and likely a definitive treatment for this bump.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Bump on nose

+1

Dear Meadow

I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to find out what this is. It may be something as simple as a sebaceous cyst that can be taken care of under local anesthesia or an extra piece of cartilage that can be removed from inside the nose.

If you don't like your nose as well then certainly you could consider a rhinoplasty to change your nasal shape etc., but if the lump bothers you, this may even be considered a non-cosmetic problem covered by your insurance. Good Luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Skin lesions on the Nose

+1

From the photo you can make a problem on the left side. There are many skin growths or cysts that can occur in that area. There are also benign tumors that can look like this. These do not tend to change in size as you describe. If the skin is not directly involved, a Rhinoplasty approach can be used to remove it and find out what it is. If the skin is involved, then removing it directly with a vertical incision on the nose tends to heal up without any noticeable scar. You probably need to get this looked at and addressed.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Optiojns for bump on nose.

+1

IT is difficult to see the problem in this photo that bothers you. I would seek evaluation by a physician to perform a close up evaluation and discuss the possible diagnosis and treatment options.

Nasal surgery

+1

The key to your situation is proper diagnosis of the problem.  It does sound possibly that you have a cyst because of the changing nature of the bump.  Cartilage and bone don't do that.  Please see a Plastic Surgeon or a Facial Plastic Surgeon and they will help you remove this. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS