Tip Refinement, Nostril Reduction Desired but Surgeons Won't Do It

I have a masculine ball tip and desire a pointer and defined tip. I've consulted a couple of doctors and some give the same argument; I have strong facial characteristics and they wouldn’t "aggressively" refine it. I then asked one doctor if he can narrow my nostrils but he was hesitant saying they were borderline, but as you can clearly see from the picture, they are clearly large and actually imbalanced; the left nostril is higher than the right and anyone would have noticed that.

Nostril asymmetries are extremely difficult to make symmetrical

+3

According to the pictures presented, you have a well-balanced nose, and I would not recommend a rhinoplasty. The tip is not bulbous relative to the rest of your face. Nostril asymmetries are extremely difficult to make symmetrical, and you probably should listen to your surgeon’s advice not to perform a rhinoplasty.

Wide Nostrils Can Be Narrowed

+2

The wide nostrils can be narrowed effectively. Your photograph confirms the excessive width of your nostrils. The tip is mildly bulbous. Both issues can be addressed. The difference in height between the two nostrils is the hardest part to correct.

I do not want to second guess your surgeons. You are in Minnesota so you can go to St. Paul and see Dr. Peter Hilger. He should be able to help you.

Don't be disappointed. You will find a good surgeon.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Asymmetry of nostril height, thickness, shape, etc.. is normal. In addition, sometimes the refinement of the tip is limited by the thickness of the tissues. With this said, if you are unhappy with your result, I would suggest speaking to another doctor and seeing if they can improve on the things that bother you.

See a rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

From the pictures, your nose looks like all that you mentioned can be achieved by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, with the exception of the nostril height difference.

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Consulting a couple of rhinoplasty surgeons gives you the opportunity to learn how your desires match with the doctors predictions of what he could do or would be right for you.

From the one photo I can see that there is some asymmetry in the nostril insertion. This can usually not corrected - the best to hope for is an improvement. Your nostrils appear a little flared which could be improved through incisions places along the nose/cheek grooves (alar base reductions). Most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons will be conservative before commiting to an alar base reduction.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

You should consult several board-certified Rhinoplasty specialists before having surgery.

+1

I read your comments, and reviewed your photo. Your tip can be refined, and your nostrils can be narrowed. I would need to see a profile photo to comment further.

Although your left nostril is slightly higher than your right, this would not likely change with Rhinoplasty surgery.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be grateful for honesty

+1

You have consulted with surgeons that have been honest with you and refrained from the temptation of collecting your money. Most plastic surgeons are honest and will tell you what is capable withing the limits of their skills and your anatomy. You should be grateful for that.

There may be a surgeon capable of technically giving you what you want. There may be the rare unscrupulous surgeon who will tell you what you want to hear to collect your money. Be careful.

I like video imaging to give patients an idea of where I can aesthetically take them. If they don't like what they see, they need to go elsewhere.