Can Nose Job Correct Bulbous Tip Deformity and Look Natural?

I'm considering having Rhinoplasty surgery to refine the tip of my nose, which has been getting consistently bigger and more asymmetrical over the past 15 years. I'm 37 years old. I do admit to having a larger nose, but I don't mind that. Can surgery be done to fix this issue with the tip in a subtle manner, without making me look like I've had a "nose job"?

Nose Job For Bulbous Tip Should Look Natural

+5

Thank you for your question. A tip Rhinoplasty through the open approach should be able to narrow and refine your nose tip. When done by an expert Rhinoplasty surgeon the result should look natural.

You have thin skin and well defined cartilages underneath the skin. These factors should make an excellent result possible.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

It does look from your photograph that you could benefit from a tip rhinoplasty. I would personally perform your surgery "open" so as to better visualize the anatomy and control the final result and its stability with sutures.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correction of bulbous tip should look natural

+1

The bulbous tip deformity can be certainly addressed through a closed rhinoplasty technique whereby the portion of the cartilaginous tip, which is creating the bulbousness, is removed, and then a narrowing and refinement of the tip is performed through dome suturing techniques. This will give a very natural looking rhinoplasty appearance without the operative look.

Natural Rhinoplasty

+1

From your picture, it appears that you are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. Although a bit blurred, it appears that your lower later cartilages are asymmetric or crocked and need to be realigned. In the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, your results should be very natural and have your friends and family only wondering whether you lost weight or are more restfull than usual...at least this is what I typical hear patients say.

Seek out a board certified (www.plasticsurgery.org) rhinoplasty surgery and I am sure you will be very happy with your results!

Good luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Rhinoplasty with Natural Result

+1

If  rhinoplasty surgery idoes not  provide a natural  result it is a failure. After careful consideration with your surgeon, you can change as little or as much as you want. Leaving some undesireable feature will not make your nose look  natural.

Rhinoplasty goals

+1

It is important that you relate your desired goals to your surgeon who can then review the options available to manage your nasal appearance. The thin quality of your skin may require onlay grafts to soften the overall appearance.

Correct bulbous tip

+1

If is fairly clear what would need to be done to improve you nasal tip. The final result should look natural and would not look operated. A surgeon with some experience with rhinoplasty will be able to make the improvement that you want. The changes to the tip would not give you a strange look or look like it was a "nose job".

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty should look natural

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for surgery and if well done, a rhinoplasty should not look like a "nose job". See an experienced plastic surgeon and look at their before/ after photos. Good luck!

Dean Fardo, MD

A well performed Rhinoplasty should not only make your nose look naturally nicer but also help you b

+1

From the photograph a limited but valuable amount of information can be elicited. Your skin is thin, your lower nasal cartilages are very prominent and most probably the side walls of your nose collapse when you take a deep breath from your nose.

First a complete examination of the inside and outside of your nose needs to be performed. Correction of your nasal tip needs to be combined with cartilage grafting to straighten and strengthen the side walls of your nose and avoid the pinching deformity.

Make sure your surgeon is experienced with structural rhinoplasty.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural-looking bulbous tip deformity correction

+1

A nose job can and SHOULD be the ultimate customized operation in Plastic Surgery. A s to "I do admit to having a larger nose, but I don't mind that. Can surgery be done to fix this issue with the tip ...?" - YES.

You have very convex and wide prominent lower lateral cartilages (right bigger and more forward than Left) which are separated giving the nose a BIFID appearance.

A tip rhinoplasty where these cartilages were narrowed and brought together will eliminate the bifid "butt" look and can be done with subtle results. The tip can then be repositioned on the nose where you and your surgeon think would produce the best result.

Good Luck.