How Much Will I Save if I Do Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty at the Same Time?

It is possible to do both Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty at the same time? How much will I save? I was thinking to do it at same time because of price and recovery. I wanted to have only one recovery period instead of having to go through  recovery twice. 

Cost savings with combined cosmetic procedures

+2

It is hard to say how much money you might save by combining an otoplasty and rhinoplasty, because there are many variables that are specific to the surgeon and the surgery center they use. However, it is safe to say, you will likely save money by combining these procedures. In most cases, the biggest facility expense is during the first 1 hour. By combining the cases, you would bypass this initial expense. Adding 1 -2 hour to an ongoing case is much less expensive than scheduling a 1-2 hour case. In general, for short cases like a rhinoplasty and otoplasty, it is typically better to combine them. Not only do you save money on the facility end, but you only have 1 downtime.

Amir M. Karam, MD

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Amount of savings with combined surgery

+2

IT is not unusual to have these two procedures combined and that is a reasonable combination. You will also save some money by combining the procedures but it is difficult to say what this amounts to.

+1

You'll save a few thousand in anesthesia/facility costs.  The real value is as you mentioned: having only one surgery, one recovery period, one period off work, and only one time explaining what you did, etc. 

Saving with two procedres

+1

Most surgeons would not hesitate to offer some type of reduction for two surgeries performed at the same time. This avoids duplication of costs: the set up of the Operting room, the first hour of anesthesia which is more expensive, and follow-up appointments in the doctors office. Just beware of enticing offers, reduction should be reasonable and not to entice you into the procedure. You should also make sure that the both procedures are performed frequently by your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.nyplasticsurg.com

Combining procedures typically cost less than separately

+1

It is a very difficult answer to give because every surgeon’s office charges, anesthesia charges, and a surgeon’s charges are all different. There should be a significant cost savings to doing both procedures together than separately because of the cost of the anesthesia and the operating room. In addition, it is important to note that the recovery time will be approximately two weeks for both surgeries rather than four weeks if they were done independently.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Otoplasty & Rhinoplasty Can Be Done Simultaneously

+1

You will save yourself two recuperation times and some money on anesthesia and facility fees. The main reason is to save yourself from two anesthesias and two recovery times. The monetary savings are not that much.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and otoplasty together.

+1

Hi!

I think rhinoplasty and otoplasty together is a good combination,  You have only one recovery, and you will save some money.  It's hard to say how much you will save, but about $2000 is a reasonable guess.

Combining Rhinoplasty and Other Procedures Can Be Beneficial

+1

It is possible to combine rhinoplasty with other procedures such as a otoplasty (ear reshaping) or blepharoplasty (eye lift) or other procedures. The benefit is that you only have to take time off from work or school for one recovery period.

Each facility and physician structures their fees differently. Some physicians may provide a discount on additional procedures. Anesthesia and OR costs may be slightly higher for combined procedures as opposed to a single procedure, but should be significanly less than the fees if both procedures were performed separately at separate times.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining Procedures

+1

Very often it is possible to combine procedures to save on costs and recovery time. In this case I would agree that it is certainly feasible and quite common to combine both procedures, as I do this quite often. By combining procedures there is often a savings not only in the surgical fee but also in the anesthesiologists fee and the OR costs. Discus this with your surgeon and see if it is right for you and how he or she feels about combining procedures. Good luck.

Steven Schuster MD FACS

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Combining rhinoplasty and otoplasty

+1

It is reasonable to consider combining these especially since it is sometimes the case that ear cartilage needs to be harvested just to do the nose.  There would be one recovery and one anesthetic.  As to saving money, only your surgon can determine that. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com