Nose Bridge Definition Possible Without Implants?

The model below had a nose job and her bridge is much more defined. Is it possible to get a defined bridge such as below without having an implant added?

Nasal bridge nose job without an implant: non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR EXAMPLES:

Although somewhat controversial and not without risks, the non-surgical rhinoplasty offers one method of enlarging the nasal bridge without an implant using a filler instead. It is temporary.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/non-surgical-nose-job.html

Nasal implants and the dorsum

+2

The woman you have shown is certainly beautiful and has wonderful facial features. With that in mind, it is possible that she started with a relatively narrow nose and then had some surgical refinements. To narrow the dorsum in a nose that starts out flatter and less defined than the one that you have shown, would require a combination of dorsal grafting which can be your own cartilage (which I prefer) or synthetic material, and in this photo, narrowing of the nasal bones.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Creating nose bridge definition with out implants

+1

It is possible to build the bridge of the nose up without a synthetic implant. The only way to build up the bridge of the nose in an ethnic rhinoplasty is to remove cartilage from inside the nose and place that as a dorsal augmentation across the bridge and build the bridge higher and more defined. If there is not enough cartilage in the nose, a portion of ear cartilage will have to be removed.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Nose Bridge Definition

+1

It is not always necessary to add an implant for definition, but depends on the circumstances. If necessary, diced cartilage wrapped in soft tissue makes an excellent implant.

I would really need to see photos of you to give the best advice. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Implants in the Nasal Bridge

+1

If there is inadequate projection of the nasal bridge, augmentation  is usually necessary. After many years of dealing with this type of nose, I prefer grafts which are sculpted from the patient's own tissue and become incorporated into the surrounding nasal tissue, rather than synthetic implants.

Bridge Implants

+1

Hi,

In African Americans, the only way to get that kind of definition is with an implant.

The typical African American nose has a low, flat dorsum. Not all nasal implants are the same. Placing a custom implant elevates the bridge and adds definition. Its like looking at a low mountain from above vs. a high mountain. Height also adds narrowness to the bridge. Osteotomies are also sometimes needed along with an implant.

Dr. S

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Nasal definition

+1

A very well-defined bridge can be achieved through osteotomies in a person with a decent bridge to begin with. If your dorsum is too low, then you will probably need some kind of graft not necessarily an implant.

It depends on the surgeon and the extent of the surgery

+1

If the bones are wide but otherwise have enough height, it is possible. If not then one must use some form of graft, which is better than silicone in my opinion based on 30 years of rhinoplasty.

Nose bridge definition in a Black American

+1

It all depends what the "before" / "starting point" nose dorsum looks like.

The vast majority of Black and South American Mestizo noses have a depressed nasal dorsum (the opposite of a middle Eastern hump, if you will). In such cases, the only way to bring about definition and narrowing is by the placement of an onlay graft or implant (which I suspect this beautiful woman had done). Although these days, many non-plastic surgeons prefer to inject fillers under the nasal skin (IE "nonsurgical nose job") to create the same effect.

Building the bridge of the nose

+1

Building the bridge of the nose requires ample bony support. If you have nasal bones that are not too short, then your native bones can be infractured or brought closer together and this has the effect of narrowing the nose or dorsum and also adding height to the bridge like pushing the sides of a house together and making the roof more inclined. If not enough height is achieved that way, then the first choice of implants would be your own native septum cartilage inside the nose; ear cartilage and rib cartilage can also be used. I only use artificial implants as a last resort since I prefer native tissue.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon