Rhinoplasty to Make Face More Feminine?

I am looking to have Rhinoplasty done because I think my nose makes my face looks masculine and I would like to look more feminine. I get so sick of people saying, "Is that a woman or a man?" I totally hate my androgynous look. I wanted to know, would getting a Rhinoplasty help, or should I have something else done? Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Feminizing the Nose Helps

+3

You are absolutely right. Your nose makes your face look masculine. You should consider a rhinoplasty to narrow the nasal bones, excision of the nostril edges (alar base reduction) and that will help.

You might also want to get upper lip injected with a filler to make it more feminine.

Use a change in hairstyle to make your face more feminine as well.

Remember men don't wear make up, and that is a great asset you can use.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a feminine look

+2

The nose is the central and defining structure of the face.  So yes a smaller less wide nose will contribute to a more feminine look. 

You should look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that does ethic noses.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Rhinoplasty and feminizing

+2

A more refined nose will definitely make you in particular look more feminine.  You should definitely seek out a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon when you are ready.

Yes, you should see a rhinoplasty specialist.

+2

I have been feminizing faces for more than 30 years in male to female gender patients as well as females with masculine noses. The nose needs to be made more feminine, but not unnatural. See a specialist who does this in your area.

Maybe -

+2

It depends on what you are starting with. People think of a feminized nose with a scooped dorsum and a smaller turned up tip. If that can be done for you it may help. One simple thing you can do, go into a large department store with a large makeup section and have someone "make you up" this may give you the more feminine look you want with out surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty Can Make the Face Look More Feminine

+2

Rhinoplasty can have a dramatic effect on the overall facial features. A nose (and therefore the facial appearance) can be made more feminine by:

• Tilting the nose slightly upward. Females typically have an angle of tip rotation between 95-110 degrees.
  • Also, a feminine nasal tip is often more narrow than that of a male. Tip rhinoplasty can make a nose less bulbous.
  • A feminine bridge is also one that is either straight or slightly concave.

Each of these aspects of the nose can be changed with rhinoplasty and can give you a nose that improves your overall appearance.

To get a better understanding of what your nose would look like after surgery, your prospective rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to show you before and after computer simulations. Many rhinoplasty surgeons use computer imaging, and recently 3D rhinoplasty imaging has become available. This allows patients to preview how their nose might look after surgery from any angle.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feminine rhinoplasty

+2

A rhinoplasty can change the appearance of a nose to make it fit better with the overall face. Your concerns that your face makes you look "masculine" most likely are focused on your widened upper nasal bones and the wide lower part of the nose (ala). Refinement and reduction of your wide nares and bones will better match your thin face and make you more "feminine". Sometimes a cartilage graft many be used on the front of the nose to give you a better profile.

Find a surgeon with experience and feel free to ask him all your questions.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon