How Soon After Rhinoplasty and Infection Can Revision Be Done?

I am 17 days post-op asian rhinoplasty. I am fighting infection for 2 weeks. The implant bent to the right side and bridge looks crooked. My doctor will perform a minor surgery to straighten the implant when the infection heals completely. Is it okay to perform another surgery so soon and how long do I have to fight with the infection? Now, I feel uncomfortable, worried, unhappy, remorse, etc. It seems the infection doesn't heal. It stays the same. What is my option?

Infection after Rhinoplasty

+2

It sounds like an unfortunate series of events. One of the problems with synthetic implants is that they can become infected. These infections can be very difficult to eradicate. I would certainly stay on antibiotics for several weeks, but if the implant is still giving you problems, it will most likely will need to be removed, not repositioned. A poorly positioned implant which is also infected would be a good reason to operate sooner, rather than later. Don't become too discouraged. I am sure your surgeon has dealt with this situation before and will guide you through this process.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infection Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your only option at this point is to eliminate the infection, which may take longer because the synthetic implant is present. Sometimes it is necessary to actually remove the implant to control the infection. I'm sorry I'm sharing bad news, but you can ultimately have a good result even if it is delayed. 

Infection and rhinoplasty?

+1

If you have an active infection related to the implants, then you will probably need to have that removed ASAP. If you are talking about an infection like a cold, then you should probably wait a week or two for that to clear up.