Rhinoplasty to Improve Facial Appearance?

My daugter has undergone cleft lip and palate operation when she was 1 year old. When she turned 19, she undergone bone alignment operation in the nose. Now, that she's 22 years old, should she have Rhinoplasty to improve the facial appearance? Up to how much extent can we expect the result? Please suggest something to improve the shape of the nose. Her speech is completely normal because it didn't affect very much, it seems.

Find experienced surgeon to do rhinoplasty for cleft lip and palate.

+1

A cleft palate rhinoplasty is a very difficult operation to perform. There are significant asymmetries present that need to be addressed with a specialized type of rhinoplasty. It is important to find a rhinoplasty surgeon who has done thousands of nose jobs so as to better understand the asymmetrical relationships of the tip cartilages, septum, cleft lip, and the anatomy of the cleft nose.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Cleft Lip Rhinoplasty

+1

Cleft lip rhinoplasties are very challenging and require specialized techniques specific to this operation. The most important decision you will make for your daughter is selecting the surgeon that has extensive experience with cleft lip noses.

Cleft lip rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, this is a challenging surgery, but your daughter most likely will experience an improvement in the appearance of her nose with revision surgery. I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who has experience with congenital problems such as cleft lip and palate. Your best bet would be to call an academic center and ask for the craniofacial surgeon's name and number. Good luck, /nsn.

Rhinoplasty to improve facial appearance

+1

It is important to speak with a specialist who is an expert in cleft lip surgery. This is something I have a great deal of experience with, and I know that we can make the nose look a lot better, but not perfect. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the cleft lip/palate patient should be done by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with the problems faced in these noses. Often multiple grafts must be used to create symmetry in the tip and floor of the nostril,etc.

These are some of the most rewarding and humbling operations in plastic surgery!

Secondary cleft rhinoplasty can be a very rewarding procedure

+1

Secondary cleft rhinoplasty can be a very rewarding procedure; however, it may be a difficult procedure since some of the cartilage and bony structure that is there may have been used in her first operation. In addition, the supporting structures in a cleft nose are more bulbous and weakend and may require additional support in order to achieve the best result. I would recommend a surgeon who has experience in secondary cleft rhinoplasty repairs since they can be considerably more difficult to perform. That being said it can be a very gratifying and rewarding procedure and help with the overall balance of the face.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cleft lip rhinoplasty

+1

The nose is affected by a cleft lip typically as is seen in her photos. These are difficult rhinoplasties and should be handled by one who does a lot of them. It may be that the doctor who worked on her nasal bony architecture thought he had already done the job but there is still improvement that can be made. Improvement is the goal here because a normal nose cannot be achieved.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Rhinoplasty for Cleft Lip/Palate Nose

+1

The best surgeon to treat this would be the surgeon who has performed her previous surgeries as he/she knows what has been done and what needs or can further be done safely. They have done a terrific job to date. If that surgeon is not available seek out a surgeon who has a lot of experience not just with cosmetic rhinoplasty but with cleft lip/palate nasal reconstruction. Ask to see pictures and maybe even meet with patients that have had this done. It is a challenging task for the surgeon and one that is very rewarding for the patient.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cleft lip and palate nose

+1

Clearly you should seek an expert who is familar with this condition. Cleft lip and palate noses have certain characteristics which must be addresssed in order to achieve an optimal correction. This includes inadequate projection, asymmetry of the lower lateral cartilages and inadequate columella.

+1

She has A GREAT cosmetic result from her cleft lip and palate surgery. This tells me that her surgeon(s) are VERY skilled and can repair her nose as well.

Her nasal tip is rather typical of a cleft lip patient - a tip which is bulbous and collapsed forward due to unequal support of the lower lateral cartilages making up the nasal tip.

I would take her to the original surgeon - a surgeon who is versed in cleft palate and lip repair would do a much better job on her than one who only repairs such noses occasionally.

Good Luck.