Rhinoplasty Ideas to Correct Deviated Nose Tip?

Hi, I'm not happy with my nose. In the past years, my nose have been changing. Right now, it is deviated. I also want to improve the tip of the nose. I'm 24 years old and I feel that this is the right time for a Rhinoplasty. If possible, can you give me some ideas for the rhinoplasty?

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty would likely correct your deviated nasal tip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would probably benefit from a combination of septoplasty to straighten the inside of your nose and rhinoplasty to adjust the outward appearance of your nose. I suspect that you have some obstruction to your breathing, and septoplasty would help improve air flow and begin to straighten your nose. Rhinoplasty would reshape the nasal tip (and possibly other parts of the nose), and it would probably be advantageous to narrow, elevate, and recess the nasal tip. Suture techniques and cartilage grafts would help shift the tip of your nose back to the midline with a straighter appearance. I find that an open rhinoplasty allows a more accurate correction.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty ideas

I think that all of the issues that you have with your nose are entirely reasonable. You do have a deviated nose and a relatively amorphous tip. My guess is that you are likely suffering from chronic nasal congestion as well. I would suggest visiting with a well respected surgeon who has experience with both the external aesthetic issues of the nose, as well as, the functional issues of the nose. I think you will be happy that you did and you will have the opportunity to get a nose that will give you a great deal of satisfaction.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septo/rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a septo/rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. I would not be surprised if you had some breathing problems. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Deviated nasal tip

It would really help to see a side view of your nose as well.  That would give me an idea as to how much your nose can be reduced.  Asymmetry is common in the nose and can be difficult to completely correct,  but it could be improved considerably.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty options to improve deviated nose tip

According to the picture, the internal and external portion of the nose is crooked. The internal septum is most likely deviated. The tip can be refined, narrowed and straightened. Your nasal pyramid would also need to be straightened through osteotomies. It is important to visit with your surgeon preoperatively to address any deviated septum or turbinate hypertrophy causing nasal obstruction.

Deviated Nasal Tip

The best idea for your nasal surgery is to select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Correcting a deviated nose is one of the most difficult operations we do. An asymmetrical tip with thicker skin is also challenging.

Rhinoplasty to correct tip

I would really need to see additional photos to give you the best advice. It appears you would benefit from tip work, where the tip would be narrowed slightly while still maintaining a masculine appearance. Performing septoplasty would help correct the deviation, and breaking the nose and performing osteotomies (If you would like the nasal bones narrowed ) would allow a surgeon to reposition your nasal bones and make the nose is straighter. You may also need spreader grafts to straighten the middle vault. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Deviated septum and nose options

The tip of your nose does seem to deflect towards the right. However, addressing this alone will not likely provide you with sufficient correction. From this view it appears that your nose may project excessively. However, the view and lens may be causing some degreee of distortion.

Its best for you to clearly define your goals prior to meeting with a rhinoplasty surgeon

Septoplasty

Hi Nelson,

A septoplasty alone will not improve the cosmetic appearance of your nose in any way.

To improve the appearance of your tip, you need a formal rhinoplasty. The changes you see in your nose are of a result of your lower lateral, upper lateral cartilages and nasal bones. The best way to improve the cosmetic appearance is to perform an open rhinoplasty and reposition the tip cartilages and reduce any bony abnormalities.

You are definitely in the right age category to have a rhinoplasty performed.

Best of Luck,

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

Rhinoplasty can certainly be performed for a crooked nose. YOur deviated septum can be realigned to be straighter. I doubt that it will ever be perfectly straight, but it can be made better