Rhinoplasty Advice and Experiences in Orange County?

I am considering Rhinoplasty and I would like some words of encouragement to make my decision. About the process, the results, and your self-confidence post surgery. I am about 90 to 95% sure I want to have a nose job because all my life I have always been teased about it. How big it was and now I am 23 years old and I really don't like it. It's too big for my face. I am thin and petite with a thin and small face with small features except for my nose. Lately I have even noticed my family members looking at my nose strangely (I'm the only one with a big nose in my family, the ugly duckling). If you have had Rhinoplasty in Orange County, can you please give me advice on why I should do it?

Am I a good candidate for nose job also known as rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from orange county, California
Having any cosmetic procedure is a personal choice. You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty if the nose you were born with makes you self conscious or unhappy. Even slight changes to the shape of the nose can have a dramatic effect on appearance and can change how people interact with you. Cosmetic nasal surgery known as rhinoplasty can improve nasal deformities and restore balance to face. Many people like you feel their nose detracts from their whole face, taking away from the natural beauty of their eyes, hair or other facial features. Once you are ready, cosmetic nose surgery or nose job can change the shape of the whole nose or of just a small part of it, making it fit more harmoniously with the rest of your face.

Motivation in Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

The only reason for cosmetic rhinoplasty surgery is you want to do it. A big nose does not make an ugly duckling. Reducing your nose will bring the nose into proportion with the rest of your facial features, but it will not change your life. After you have decided if you want to make the change, consult with an experienced surgeon.

Is Rhinoplasty the right procedure for you?

+1

In general, if a patient comes up with excuses as to why they should not have any elective surgery, then that patient is probably not ready to proceed with this surgery.

Remember, once your surgery is done, there is no turning back! The nose is a prominent portion of your face and any significant change in the shape of your nose will make a dramatic impact on your face. So please make sure YOU are ready for this procedure. Although your environment may place pressure on you to do this surgery, it is important the final decision is yours and for your gratification only.

Having said all of this, please realize rhinoplasty is a relatively safe procedure. The techniques are much more improved and predictable than before. Most surgeons try to achieve a natural looking nose which balances your face.

It is important to look at before and after photos to make sure you like the "style" of nose the surgeon performs. My preference is a natural looking nose which is proportional to the patient's face.

I have seen dramatic changes in my patient's personalities after rhinoplasty. I have seen very shy guys become confident, and the same goes for the female patients as well. After their rhinoplasty, it is interesting to see the change in the style of hair and clothes!

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck in your decision.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

The choice to go ahead with a rhinoplasty is certainly a personal choice. If you are self-conscious about your nose and would like it improved that is fine. However, some people think that it will make everything else in their life better, and that is not so. It may improve your outlook by restoring some self-confidence.

Surgery can change your nose, but it sounds like you aren't sure you want this.

+1

Yes, we can make you a pretty nose, but you sound very ambivalent. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does noses you like. If you are still unsure-WAIT.   Surgery can be done in the future when you are sure. Surgery can be done next year, or the next,etc.