Will Revision Septoplasty with Rhinoplasty Help?

I'm having surgery at an ENT clinic in hospital. I previously had a septoplasty done but now I'm getting a revision septoplasty/rhinoplasty because of change in external appearance. But the facial plastic surgeon told the ENT doctor that in my last septoplasty, a significant amout of cartilage and bone were taken out.

Since I'm getting a revision septoplasty/rhinoplasty, the facial plastic surgeon was called to help with the residents. He said this surgery will be very difficult and said we may not be able provide with what I'm desiring. Should I still have the surgery done? What would you advise? I'm worried about this.

Revision Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a tough situation. If you are certain that a significant amount of the septal bone and cartilage were removed in the first procedure, then there will likely be a need for graft materials from another source (such as ear or rib cartilage).  In the case of a complex revision surgery, seeking a second opinion before moving forward is always a good idea.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septal Revision and Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as your surgeon is experienced in revision rhinoplasty you will do fine. Your surgeons are obviously aware of your previous surgery and will do whatever is necessary, including grafts, to maintain structural integrity while trying to give you the desired cosmetic result. It sounds like they have been very honest with you.