Third Rhinoplasty Revision After Botched Surgeries?

To make long story short, I need a third revision rhinoplasty, and despite all the constant homework I put into both of my previous surgeries, my primary and revision were botched. It does not help that I've also had a small injury, possible infection/deterioration, asymmetrical grafts with the revision, and generally complex natural structure. To top that, my goal, although realistic for my face, is rather 'specific' and I'm very aware of what changes could horribly or beautifully affect my nose. I feel like no surgeon would operate on someone with such a complex story and experience! Are cases like this often seen?

3rd Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Despite your unfortunate experiences, I strongly suggest you seek consultations with surgeons who truly specialize in revision rhinoplasty. I know it is discouraging, but I feel you can achieve a satisfactory result.

Rhinoplasty revisions

+1

Without any first hand knowledge of your case I would first point out that complications can and do occur it does not necessarily imply a botched surgery.

Also, bouncing around from one surgeon to another with constantly changing goals will inevitably lead to a poor result and an unhappy patient.

Find someone who knows what they are doing and stick with them even if things do not work out exactly as you would hope.

You can always find someone who will operate...but that's not always the right thing.

+1

Unfortunately, poor outcomes from rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty are more common than with probably any other cosmetic procedure. It is not an operation to be underestimated. While it's impossible to tell whether your specific goals can be met without examining you, sadly it's possible that they cannot.

Your gut feeling that "no surgeon would operate on someone with such a complex story" might be well-founded. I warn patients that they can always find someone who will take their money and operate on them. (Michael Jackson always did). Even the best surgeons...especially the best surgeons...have to turn patients away when it's apparent that the risks of revision outweigh the benefits. Keep this in mind as you weigh your options.

Good luck,

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Although the more surgeries your nose is subjected to the less likely you are to have an ideal outcome, there may be conservative solutions to some of the problems that you are experiencing post-operatively. Infection and trauma can certainly negatively alter the outcome. Implants will also react poorly to infection or trauma. My suggestion is to find an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. They will likely tell you the truth about whether you are a good surgical candidate. Make sure that your expectations are in line with the result that the surgeon believes they can achieve.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may consider consulting a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty specialist to avoid further nasal surgery..

+1

If your nose is the right size (doesn't need to be made smaller), and you have contour irregularities after 2 previous Rhinoplasty Surgeries, Injectable Fillers may be your best option. I have salvaged many Rhinoplasty-deformities with Silikon-1000, and this has been quite gratifying for my patients and me.

Feel free to email me full facial frontal and profile photos, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon