Revision Rhinoplasty Needed to Relieve Aching?

I'm 2 months post-op and I had a significant reduction of my nose. Let's say my nose was a size 10, now it's around a 5.5. I do also have very thick skin. I'm 2 months post-op and have daily aches in my nose (lower part of the nose). It appears I have a slight saddle nose (1.5-2mm depression) right about the tip.

Could it be that that's causing the aches? Is there any medication to help stop it because sometimes it aches so bad, I have to sort of "sniff" to relieve the pain. Do I need a revision rhinoplasty?

Revision rhinoplasty needed to relieve aching?

+1

"I'm 2 months post-op and have daily aches in my nose (lower part of the nose). " - Having to pull in air to relieve the pain is unsettling. It is not normal this far in your recovery to have persistent pain. In my opinion you need to see your surgeon and have him/her examine the inside of your nose to look for a reason for the pain. The treatment would have to be based on the findings.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD