Need to Find Experienced Reverse Abdominoplasty Doctor?

Reverse Abdominoplasty is the only option for me. I need an experienced doctor. I had central hepatic resection which left a very large horizontal scar just below my ribcage and a very light one vertically from my breastbone to the other scar.

I had 3 planned C sections. Though not ideal, I am not able to have a regular tummy tuck because of my scars. I need to find a board certified doctor who has performed this more than twice--the more, the better. Location and cost are not an issue. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Experience in reverse abdominoplasty

+1

Although reverse abdominoplasty is never a great choice it certainly appears to be the best choice in your situation BUT perhaps not.

First you should see a plastic surgeon who has experience with abdominoplasties. Choosing one who has experience in reverse abdominoplasties may not be needed because there are other options depending on the situation. Many patients with your type of scarring have had successful traditional abdominoplasties.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Reverse abdominoplasty

+1

A reverse abdominoplasty will leave a scar across your abdomen -- usually just below the breasts. Since you already have a scar from your liver surgery, it is possible that the scar could be used (and revised in the process) for the reverse abdominoplasty.

Reverse abdominoplasty is usually reserved for women with laxity in the upper abdomen and extending down to about the belly button. It is very rarely used to lift up skin which is lax near the groin. Sometimes a combination of reverse abdominoplasty and limited lower abdominal incision can be used. These are unusual cases and must be evaluated individually. Good luck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Reverse abdominoplasty plastic surgeon

+1

Dear Mom,  

In the 30+ years of practicing plastic surgery I have ONLY done 2 reverse tummy tucks. I'm sure most experienced plastics surgeon have done very few if any. Just be careful and get many opinions. 

Reverse abdominoplasty plastic surgeon.

+1

Hi Momof3needstuckin33458.  Dr. Richard Zienowicz in Providence, Rhode Island is experienced in reverse abdominoplasty.  His number is 401-453-0120.  Good luck.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD