Retin-A for PIH and Pimples on Bi-racial Skin?

Hello. I am bi-racial Black and White with a yellowish complexion. Up until this past year, I've never experienced anything more than a pimple here and there and NEVER hyperpigmentation from them. But now my face is covered in them!

Is Retin-A micro a good way to go as far as clearing up/preventing new pimples and getting rid of the hyperpigmentation? Thanks so much.

Retin A: An excellent option

+2

Retinoids like Retin A and Tazorac are the optimal treatments for acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. These treatments normalize the color without changing it, so it is good for all skin colors and types. Retinoids not only clear acne, but prevent its recurrence and slow the aging of the skin as well. All good things!

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.