Restylane Doctor for Under Eye Hollowness?

I've decided to get Restylane under my eyes for the genetic hollowness I've had all my life, but am wondering if it will look uneven when I smile? Any suggestions on doctors in the Los Angeles area who specialize in this type of treatment? I've heard having the right doctor makes a world of difference. Thanks!

Restylane for lower eyelid area

+2

Many plastic surgeons are quite familiar with the use of Restylane in the periorbital area.

Restylane has, in my opinion, become the filler of choice for the undereye region in patients who don't have a hypersensitivity to thicker hyaluronic acid products. Juvederm can produce edema in some patients in the under eye area. Hydrelle is also too thick for the area. Prevelle is wonderful for shorter acting results.

We have six fillers that are used in various areas of the face for an optimal result. There is no one filler that is best for all areas of the face in all patients.

We use only hyaluronic acid (HA) products as injectable fillers because of the risk of granuloma (lump) formation with Artecoll, Radiesse, polylactic acids such as Sculptra, silicone, etc. Hyaluronic acids are generally reversible with hyaluronidase injections.

While we have many patients in whom we have had to surgically remove lumps due to many of the just mentioned fillers, we have never had to do this with any hyaluronic acid filler.

Your prospective doctor should be fluent in which fillers to use in which areas. You will soon know during the consultation whether you are in the right office.

While this works very nicely, I am not sure that based on your picture you need it

+2

While this is a great procedure, it isn't always right for folks who are younger. I agree wholeheartedly with you that the right choice of doctors is imperative.

Far be it from me to dissuade you from doing what you want to do, but I don't see a whole lot there to change. You have beautiful facial structure and have a lovely look at the juncture of the eye and cheek.

There is a good chance that any foreign object like a filler will only make that worse, so don't rush to do this. You may do just fine with a nice cream or nothing at all for now! Good luck whatever you decide!

Omaha Dermatologist

Restylane for Lower Eye Lid Hollows, It is the Craftsman, Not the Tool

+2

Hi Beautiful,

You are correct that "the right doctor makes a world of difference" in correcting the delicate area around the eye lids.

Robert Goldberg, MD is an excellent opthalmoplastic surgeon who I would trust injecting my lower eye lid hollows (if and when that time ever comes). He is located in Westwood. Michael Groth, MD is another opthalmoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills whom I would trust . Jonathan Hoenig, MD is another physician whom I would let work on my family. All three have the "Eye, Hand, and Heart" to give patients beautiful, natural results.

I am a facial plastic surgeon in Encino, and have had great success with Restylane in restoring volume to the lower eye lid hollows. Check out the web reference link below to guide you in your choice.

If you choose Dr. Goldberg, Dr. Groth, or Dr. Hoenig, please tell them that I send my warm regards. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/blog/archives/105-Eye,-Hand,-and-Heart...The-Secret-to-Facial-Cosmetic-Surgery-and-Choosing-Your-Surgeon

Los Angeles Restylane Doctor

+1

The physician locator on the restylane website can provide you with a list of qualified injectors. Dr. Christopher Ho, Dr. Ezra Kest, and Dr. Raja Srour are possibilities. Consult 2 -3 qualified injectors in your area to find one that best meets your needs.

Be cautious injecting in this area

+1

Your hollowness appears to be above the area of the bony eyesocket and beneath the eyelashes. That means that any filler used here would have to be injected above the muscle and underneath the skin. This can lead to uneveness, lumpiness and discoloration as the skin is very thin. Please be sure to see a physician experienced in injecting fillers before you have just any physician treat you.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Choosing a doctor to correct under eye hollowness with Restylane

+1

It is important to go to someone who understands midface anatomy and the various planes needed to fill the tear though. There are basically three predominant filling techniques for the under eye hollow. These include:

1. The Deepfill method for deep placement.
  2. An orbicularis threading method for addressing lines in the eyelid .
  3. A very superficial depot method.

The first two methods can safely treat the vast majority of individual. Your skin quality appears to be excellent and you are likely to do great with this type of treatment.

The article link below from Harper's Bazaar also discusses this type of treatment.

Web reference: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/beauty-articles/injection-makeover-0909

Lots of good doctors in LA

+1

There are many great plastic surgeons in Los Angeles that should be able to help you with the hollowing beneath your eyes. Drs. Solieman and Litner at Profiles Beverly Hills do quite a bit of treatment in this area. There are a variety of ways to fill the lower eyelid hollowing, including Restylane.

Hope this helps.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.