Restoring Original Breast Size During Breast Lift Without Implants?

I have had two kids and I would like to get my boobs back to the way they were, but I don't want them to be smaller.

Breast lift and size

+2

If you look good in a bra, it might be possible to do a lift without also using an implant to restore volume. The more you lift and shape, the smaller the breast becomes volume-wise since the breast tissue gets compacted and firmer. Your surgeon can often use tape to "perform" a simulation of the lift to give you an idea of what you might look like. I find this helpful to give a sense of whether or not an implant is necessary to make you happy.

Lift without breast implants for breast volume after babies?

+2

You don't need an implant with a lift for shape. Breast lifts will reshape, lift, and firm what tissue you have.

But what volume do you still have? Put on a tight jog bra. When you lift the breast you compact what tissue you have, so your breast volume looks like it does in a minimizer or jog bra.

Many women lose breasst volume during the course of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Particularly here in the Bay Area, my patients lose breast volume with breastfeeding. I have many patients who wear their pre-pregnancy 34C bra, but it now doesn't really fit. When I do a lift, some will end up a 34C, but some a 34B, as the lift condenses what tissue they have in the process of firming and lifting.

Try on a breast implant sizer in your doctors office. If you are happy with your size, you will know, as all the sizers will make you look "too big." If you find you like a moderate volume sizer, then you really do want more volume, and will need a breast implant to achieve your desired result.

Hope this helps!

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifting results?

+1

It is hard to promise or predict  final cup size after breast surgery. With breast lifting, even though no breast tissue is removed, the breast shape and position are changed. This change in position and shape may result in a different cup size or a different level of filling  the cup of a bra.  For example, a breast that sits lower on the chest wall may require a larger cup size bra than the same volume breast sitting higher on the chest wall.

Therefore you should not  base your goals or the success of your operation  based on a cup  size which may vary depending on who makes the bra.

I do not think you will reliably restore “upper volume” without the use of implants.

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast lift retains original size without breast implants.

+1

Hi.

A breast lift gives you perky breast shape, and does not make the breasts smaller. Only a little skin is removed. So you do not need breast implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation, breast lifting, fat grafting to the breasts

+1

Thank you for your question!

A breast lift can restore some of the shape of your breasts but you will notice that the breasts appear to be smaller and your bra size may go down. You can add volume to the breast with your own fat - using micro fat grafting. The fat is injected in small amounts into the tissue surrounding the breast glands. This is an excellent operation for fine tuning the shape of the breast and adding the fulllness of the upper pole of the breast.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Breast lift and size

+1

Most women will experience changes in both the size and shape of their breasts after pregnancy. If you are content with your size or volume but would like improvement in the shape, you may just need a lift. This is usually the case if you like the way you look in a bra-meaning you are happy with your size. However, if you feel your breasts have decreased in size and also are a bit saggy, then you may need a lift plus a breast implant at the same time to give the best result. Occasionally an implant alone can deliver both increased size as well as "fill out" the loose skin.

A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to assess your skin and nipple position and formulate a surgical plan that's best for you.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast lifts and size

+1

Basically, if you need a lift, you will remain close to the same size, just with the extra loose skin removed.  The properly done lift gives you a higher nipple position and a forward conical projecting breast so they look larger than before even though they don't have anything extra added to them.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

A patient that wants her breasts to be about the same size but without sagging will require some sort of lift procedure. I try to do it with the least amount of scarring, most of the time using a vertical technique.

Breast Surgery

+1

Usually breasts grow in size during pregnancy and then shrink somewhat after pregnancy. This stretches the skin and deflates the breast. The result is that there is excess skin and less breast tissue.

In order to restore the breasts to how they were before children, the breasts need to be lifted. This involves removing skin and tightening the breast to give it a perky shape. Once the extra skin is removed, because there is less breast tissue, the breasts will appear smaller.

Some women don't mind being smaller. However, if you definitely don't want to be smaller, you will need to have an implant inserted at the same time as the breast lift.

John Diaz, MD

You can't go home again

+1

As you age, your breasts droop and you loose breast tissue. Thus you get smaller over time. Unless you gain a lot of weight, it is unlikely that your breasts are the same size they were 15 years ago. Thus lifts without implants often leave you smaller than you were. Implants restore what you lost. You need to speak to your plastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD