How Can I Reshape my Chin when 2 Surgeons Already Declined?

I need to know what ways my chin can be reshaped. From profile view, it looks proportionate to my face, but from frontal view it looks long and squared, especially when I smile. I have a downward jaw line and chin--just bone, not really any fat to chin.

I have made consultations before but a plastic surgeon declined to do my chin surgery and another surgeon also declined! How can this be done? How much will it cost me?

Chin reduction

+3

Chin reduction surgery is definitely feasible. The excess bone of your jaw can be cut as Dr. Placik mentioned or it can be reshaped with a drill. There is a limit as to how much and where this reshaping or cutting can be done, but good results can be definitely obtained. The approach is usually the same as for chin implants, through an external incision below the chin or through the inside of the mouth. I would suggest that you consult a surgeon with experience in chin reduction surgery. Good luck to you.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery to reduce chin

+2

I agree with Dr. Rand.

However, if this causes you to be significantly distraught., you may want to seek a consultation with an oral maxillofacial surgeon or a plastic surgeon who specializes in craniofacial surgery or maxillofacial surgery.

A small wafer of bone can be removed from your chin to reshape and reduce the vertical height. However, this is not without significant risks and may be why the surgeons declined to perform surgery.

Listen closely when surgeons decline to operate on you

+2

As surgeons, we love to operate - it is what we do and what we live for.  So, when multiple surgeons decline to operate on you, it is because they don't think they can do something that will be an improvement that will make you happy.   

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS