Way to Remove Excess Skin and Improve Belly Button Look Without Scars?

I work out hard and eat clean all the time. I gained 42 lbs with my daughter, who is now 16. Have never been back down to 110 lbs, but I have lost 30 lbs in the last three years.

My abs have gotten tight, but right in the center of my tummy, I have what looks like a small circle of skin.

My belly button has a strange look, like a starburst. Pretty annoying for me because I eat clean, weight train 4 times a week, and cardio everyday.

I had my daughter vaginally and just don't want a scar on my belly. What to do?

"NO SCAR" Tummy Shrinkage

+3

First, let me go on record as saying that you have by far the best looking tummy of a 16 year old I have EVER seen. You look great for a 18 year old but for someone in at least her 30's you look fantastic.

I STRONGLY advise you to do nothing. Nothing we have may give you the flatness you are looking for and the more people you ask, the more you are likely to encounter someone who will operate on you for pure financial gain without a reciprocating good result.

If you want to try a non-invasive skin shrinkage, look up SKINTYTE by Sciton. It is flash light treatment (BBL, IPL) in which while the skin is kept chilled the dermis below is heated and actually shrinks. You will need several painless sessions but the results may be what you are looking for. You may want to check You tube for this treatment.

Dr. P. Aldea

Way to improve belly button after pregnancy without surgery

+2

As the first doctor mentioned, we cannot see anything on the photo you provided. Your tried! You mention two things: a starburst and a circle of skin. If you have stretch marks giving you a starburst effect, some LASERS may be able to help. If you have some excess skin, giving you the circle of skin, this is very common and I see it all the time. The skin around the belly button can be tightened using an infrared device like the Cutera titan or Sciton ST. The degree of tightening is usually variable. Look for a board certified dermatologist who offers these therapies. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

"no scar" options are few...

+2

It's a bit hard to see in the photo you've attached, but you likely have stretch marks that are accounting for that "star-burst" look around your navel. There is very little that can be done to get rid of those without cutting them out (that means a scar). You certainly don't need a tummy-tuck in the traditional sense where there would be a scar on the lower abdomen. You may be a candidate for an "umbilicoplasty" where skin is removed just around the bully button. There is sometimes a loss of contour in the area too as there may be no fat under the stretch marks -- fat grafting in the area may help. My advice would be to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area that has a lot of experience in body contouring. You do not have the typical situation after pregnancy and you need a novel, well thought-out solution because you've done a great job on your own and you don't want to rush in to something... Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon