How Long Until Redness Goes Away After a Chemical Peel?

I'm just wondering, if I get a chemical peel, how long will my face be red afterward?

Thanks!

Redness after Chemical Peels resolve in 1 week if treated

+1

Chemical peels do great for almost everyone. There are so many different peels and concentration that it can be tailored for about anyone. The light peels don't cause redness hardly at all and usually need to done several times while the medium concentration peels will cause 1-2 weeks of redness and the heavy peels can cause a month of redness. The good thing is that the redness can be resolved in about a week with almost any peel if a prescription cortisone lotion such as desowen lotion or stronger if needed is applied often and maybe aloe vera as well as a sunscreen.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical peel and redness

+1

A chemical peel will cause some redness.  The deeper the peel, the longer the redness will remain.  The longer the redness remains the more likely hypopigmentation ( lighter skin) will develop .

Chemical Peels should be done in the office

+1

There are many different kinds of chemicals peels ranging from very mild or superficial to very deep. Naturally, the deep peel will have a longer recovery period and the superficial peel will have a shorter recovery period. For instance, a Glycolic peel will be red for 24 hours or so, while a TCA peel may be red for a week or more.

Redness after a chemical peel

+1

There are different kinds of chemical peels. Some are done by aestheticians, and some by physicians. They use different components, and go to different depths in the skin. After some, you might just get slight flaking, and after others you might need to stay home for a week or two with swelling and redness. Talk to your provider, and discuss the particular type of peel they are planning to use, and the recovery and results they usually see with their patients.