Radiesse Vs Juvederm for Lips?

Which do you think is better for lips, Radiesse vs Juvederm?

The best filler for lips.

+2

Radiesse is a great filler in the face that I use a lot but I would not use it in the lips. It can form lumps that could be felt but sometimes seen. My favorite filler for the lips is Restylane which allows me to she the lips better than with Juvederm.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate fillers for lip augmentation

+2

While Radiesse is a wonderful product to fill deep facial lines, to augment cheeks, and even to correct defects of the nasal bridge, it is never recommended for the lip.

Radiesse in the lip is very likely to cause visible nodule formation. Juvederm is a great hyaluronic acid filler. Juvederm, as well as Restylane, creates very soft and attractive lip augmentation.

Always consult your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon when considering tissue fillers. These experts are able to explain and recommend the best procedures and products for your needs.

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

Radiesse is a thick, calcium based filler formulated for deep tissue injections such as the Nasolabial folds. If it is injected superficially it may become lumpy and visible. Therefore I do not recommend it for the lips.

Juvederm is a Hyaluronic based filler which is thinner and can be safely used for lip injections.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Juvederm or Restylane better for lips than Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a great filler, but it is best for deep tissue filling of areas do not have hyperkinetic (very mobile) muscles.  In the area of hyperkinetic muscles, like the lips, that are constantly in motion, fillers like Radiesse and Sculptra have a tendency to form lumps. 

Radiesse and Sculptra need to be injected deep under the musculature to give best results.  There is no such area on the lips. They are biostimulatory fillers, in that they stimulate the skin's production of additional collagen.  So they work well for areas like the nasolabial folds, cheek bones, the hollows of the temples and the backs of the hands, but not for lips.

I recommend going for a consultation with a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in using different types of fillers. 

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

No radiesse on the lips

+1
If you are choosing between Radiesse and Juvederm on the lips, there is no doubt-- use only Juvederm. While it may be a more attractive choice because it last longer, Radiesse should not be used in the lips as it frequently causes lumps in this area.  Radiesse is great for volumizing the cheeks, filling in the smile lines (nasolabial folds) and even the corners of the mouth.  But definitely  a "no-no" on the lips. Best, Dr. Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse Not Recommended for Lips

+1

Radiesse is too thick of a product to place in the lips. Juvederm or other hyaluronic acid product is a better choice.

Kavita Mariwalla, MD
New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Radiesse for lips?

+1

Juvederm is a better choice for injection into the lips.  It's a gel vs a paste and will have less tendency to clump up in the lips which is a high mobile area. Radiesse is more appropriate in a more static area of the face i.e. mid face, nasolabial folds.

Paul Blair, MD
Hurricane Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoid Radiesse use in the lips

+1

I would avoid placing Radiesse in the lips due to its tendency to form nodules. Juvederm or Restylane are great options for lip enhancement, however, as they are much smoother and can provider softer, natural results.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Radiesse Vs Juvederm for Lips?

+1

Stay away from Radiesse in the lips.  It has the tendency to be lumpy when placed in the more superficial tissues such as with lip injections.  I wonder if you meant to ask if Restylane is better than Juvederm?  I think they are very similar. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injections are great for lips

+1

Radiesse should not be injected in the lips.  Radiesse is made to be injected deep and is great as a cheek filler or for nasolabial folds.  Juvederm is an excellent product for lips as it is much softer and leave a natural result.  

David Shafer, MD