Radiesse Vs. Restylane for Sagging Areas Around Mouth?

What's better between Radiesse or Restylane for sagging areas around the mouth?

Treatment of Sagging Areas Around The Mouth: Fillers or Cheeklift?

+3

Restylane and Radiesse are fillers used for softening the appearance of wrinkles and adding back lost volume in the ares around the mouth. Each has distinct advantages:

1. Restylane works very well for wrinkles and small concavities around the mouth. You can also stiffen the areas which are sagging slightly. I like the fact that in the unusual circumstance that a patient gets a lump, I can easily dissolve it with one injection of hyaluronidase.

2. Radiesse has the advantage of lasting longer, but must be injected more deeply to avoid visibility, so it is not as useful for fine wrinkles. It does work well for adding volume and for the nasolabial folds. The safety margin is less because it can't be dissolved once injected, but lumps are unlikely because of its smooth consistency.

3. Sculptra is excellent for adding volume to the face and camouflaging mild sagging. It helps refill the skin envelope of the face and replace what the missing volume. Adding volume to the cheeks almost always improves facial aging because so often this youthful volume is missing.

4. Cheeklift - Sometimes if you have loose skin around the mouth, you would be best served by a procedure to tighten this skin. A cheeklift is a medium-small procedure that will give you 7-10 years of improvement and probably cost less in the long run than repeated injections of the fillers. If you were to add up the amount of time you will be bruised after injections over the next 7 - 10 years the downtime is probably similar also. So don't exclude surgery just because of cost or down time. With a cheeklift both downtime and costs may be less overall.

See a board certified Plastic Surgeon who can offer all of the options to find out what you really need. I see patients frequently who need only fillers to correct mild sagging around the mouth. Unfortunately, I also see patients who were given tons of fillers by other doctors and are unhappy, because they really always needed a cheeklift or facelift. Remember, if you go to a doctor who only offers fillers, thats what you are probably going to get whether it is the best procedure for you or not.

Web reference: http://www.sarasotaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/dermal-fillers.cfm

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for sagging areas around the mouth

+1

It is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin beside the mouth, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse and/or Sculptra. They are injected more deeply, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective, and give longer-lasting results too. Restylane is a wrinkle filler that is used for more superficial wrinkles but is not as effective for fixing problems due to volume loss.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse versus Restylane

+1

Both fillers are excellent when used appropriately.  I find that Radiesse is a better foundational filler and that finesse results can be later achieved with Restylane or another HA product  when used more superficially.

Obviously, there is much skill required in making a mouth look younger and sensuous rather than too lippy or chipmunky.  

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/radiesse.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injections for Corner of the mouth

+1

Both are very good fillers. The thing I like about Radiesse is that it really goes a long way and does last longer than the other fillers out there. If it is your first time you may want to start with restylane so that it does not last as long so if you are not happy with the result it will go away sooner than later.

But if you have used fillers before and now what to expect then I would recommend radiesse.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-restylane-newport-beach.php

Radiesse and Restylane for mouth sagging

+1

I like both of these fillers for treating the lower face - the chin, nasolabial folds (smile lines) and mouth corners. Radiesse is often combined with lidocaine so the injections may be easier to tolerate and it should last longer than Restylane. As long as you see an experienced injector, an excellent result can be had with either product. Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Radiesse or Restylane for mouth sag

+1

I like both Radiesse and Restylane for treating around the saggy mouth.  Radiesse is thicker and is good to build up the corners and deep folds.  Restylane is lighter and used more superficially for the fine lines.  It is also great in the lips.

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Doctor's preference

+1

There is no one filler for every patient in every area. You can get great results with BOTH of these FDA approved products. The biggest variable is the experience, artestry and judgement of the treating physician.

There are differences with these products: Radiesse is thicker, so I like it for men and women with thick skin. Restylane has the advantage of being totally reversible if there is a problem. The movement of the mouth is also more likely to ball up and lump the Radiesse. If you also want a little in the lips, Restyalne is the safe choice. Finally, Radiesse typically lasts longer than Restylane. Discuss these factors with your doctor and decide together. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Sculptra best for Sagging Around the Mouth

+1

Sculptra would be my first choice to build up the cheeks and the area below cheeks which then pulls up the sagging areas around your mouth. You can also fill in the depressions between the jowl and chin area and it will make the sagging tissues around the mouth less prominent.

Radiesse would be my second choice and Restylane the third choice.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse vs. Juvederm

+1

It depends on the area. I think Radiesse works well for the areas around the mouth. i would not inject it into the under eye area or the lips as it is thicker and more out to cause lumps. The hyraluronic acids such as Juvederm and Restylane are great for thinned skin areas such as the lips.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse or Resylane for sagging skin

+1

Both fillers can be used. The choice will depend on the injecting doctor's preference & experience. The patient also can choose depending on the cost. The Radiesse is FDA approved for 1-2 years correction, while Restylane and Juvederm last 6-18 months. If the lips are to be injected in the same sitting, then Radiesse cannot be used.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon