Radiesse for Crepey Chin?

I am considering Radiesse for my chin area, which has become crepey. Is this the correct treatment?

Filler or Botox for Crepey Chin?

+1
As we age, several changes occur to the chin secondary to both muscle action AND volume loss. Botox is indicated to soften the muscles that "crinkle" the chin and fillers - Voluma or Radiesse - are injected to restore lost volume. Superficial treatments such as micro-needling, chemical peels and laser are used to improve the quality of the overlying skin. Many times all of these techniques are utilized to provide a comprehensive solution. Seek consultation from an experienced board certified physician to see what would be best for you.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Crepey Chin BOTOX vs FILLER

+1

Chins begin to dimple over time due to the action of a small muscle in the chin. Young patients who are first seeing the dimpling may best benefit with a small amount of BOTOX placed in a grid pattern over the area. If the skin has begun to relax, facial bones beginning to lose volume and teeth wearing down( all those great signs of aging), adding a filler may help. I prefer the hyaluronic acid fillers for this purpose.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for the chin

+1

You may do better wtih Botox to relax the appearance of the skin, but you need to see an experienced physician as there can be unwanted temporary changes in the appearance of the lower lip. Deeper fillers such as Radiesse, as well as Juverderm Ultra Plus, and Perlane, may stretch out the skin of the chin and make it more pleasing to you; but, there often is not a change in the surface texture when the filler is injected deeply and superficial treatment may create some lumpiness.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse as a remedy for "crapey chin"

+1

When the chin has multiple dimples (often referred to as "peau d'orange" or orange peel) it is usually the result of two factors: 1. An over active mentalis muscle which puckers the chin, and 2. Loss of fat and bone support beneath the chin. Yes, Radiesse deeply injected beneath the muscle will re establish fullness and support for the chin, but to get the best results I would also recommend the injection of 4 to 6 units of Botox (R) injected into the mentalis muscle to relax it.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Radiesse for chin wrinkles

+1

Radiesse can be used for chin augmentation. Using Radiesse to address the individual wrinkles of the chin, however, can be somewhat tricky. My preference would be Juvederm or Restylane, more forgiving fillers for the chin area.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Dimpled chin

+1

I would do two things. First I would give Botox into the chin area. this will help soften the dimpling in the chin. I would wait two weeks because it takes a few days for botox to work, then fill the area with Radiesse. Radiesse can also be used to help camoflauge the jowls. I hope this information has helped.

Sharon Theresa McLaughlin MD
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon